Macpup Opera / Macpup Opera061

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
wpaule

Macpup Opera and Latitude cpi?

#16 Post by wpaule »

I am playing with the MacPup Opera, on a Dell Latitude CPI and for some reason the video player does not seem to work in Opera. When I go to the MacPup website and click on the demo for opera, the viewer area goes white, and does nothing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

cheers, paul

runtt21

#17 Post by runtt21 »

Opera uses the same flash as puppy 4.2 uses , It is working fine for me ,video play back and sound. I am running it live off the download test cd right now and I just check the macpup site and you tube. Either you have a bad download and need to download it again or look for an updated version of flash here on the forum , there are several.
Attachments
flash2.jpg
(168.74 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
flash.jpg
(140.55 KiB) Downloaded 606 times

runtt21

#18 Post by runtt21 »

Here is some snow ,BTW I have the Christmas tree's turned off in these pics....
Attachments
snow2.jpg
(8.96 KiB) Downloaded 2262 times
snow.jpg
Full sized
(51.13 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
snow.tar.gz
(89.72 KiB) Downloaded 582 times

runtt21

#19 Post by runtt21 »

About a month ago I saw a request for a phases of the moon app for Pwidgets . E17 has a module for that also. After loading the module add it to the shelf to turn it on.
Attachments
moon.jpg
(14.25 KiB) Downloaded 2265 times

wpaule

#20 Post by wpaule »

runtt21 wrote:Opera uses the same flash as puppy 4.2 uses , It is working fine for me ,video play back and sound. I am running it live off the download test cd right now and I just check the macpup site and you tube. Either you have a bad download and need to download it again or look for an updated version of flash here on the forum , there are several.
Thanks for the reply. The problem seems to be specific to the Latitude CPI as the same disk works fine in my Panasonic Toughbook CF-28. Perhaps the older slower cpu and possible smaller memory could be an issue.

Is there a Macpup Opera for older hardware?

cheers, Paul

runtt21

#21 Post by runtt21 »

No, Sorry , there isn't a retro version. The older kernel stuff does not play well with my laptop and the wife kicked me off the desktop. She thinks I am Breaking it. Prit1 is in charge of the retro macpup stuff but he has been busy with the website and pritlog .
Last edited by runtt21 on Fri 12 Jun 2009, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

runtt21

#22 Post by runtt21 »

I didnt make a screenshot of this module but what it does is rotate the e17 backgrounds ,you need to add it to the shelf to run it and you can set the time between changes and if it changes only on 1 desktop or all of them .You have it change in order or random. Its shows a little preview of the next background on the shelf It works the .edj backgrounds in root/.e/e/backgrounds.
Attachments
sideshow.tar.gz
(116.5 KiB) Downloaded 535 times

puppyluvr

#23 Post by puppyluvr »

:D
Sweet plug-ins dude...
I never had any idea there were so many useful goodies for E-17 now...
I cant wait to D/L Macpup Opera with E-17 and all this cool stuff you`ve found for E-17...

BTW..All the animated icons/themes I had for Buddapup run fine on my Macpup Foxy E-17, but they pale in comparison to the stuff you guys are putting out now... The animated Vegas background sure draws attention...

Macpup Foxy E-17 is truly excellent..And the color scheme, well, its like you made it for me...And I`m hoping it caries on to the Opera version...My Opera theme will match perfectly... :D

You really set the bar high dude... 8)
I`m so glad you took interest in E-17...

Puppy and Enlightenment, (both E-17 and E-16) are an awesome combo...
Fast, self contained, intuitive, and powerful...

I remember your suggestions about Wbar and the "Mac" look with Buddapup, and I`m really impressed with what you`ve done with those ideas..
Much more than I could have...
It takes a "vision"...And you`ve taken it to a "whole `nother level"
If I havent said it before..
Seriously dude.......good job.... :D

@ (Bowing with arms out-).."I`m not worthy"
....................................................ala Wayne and Garth....

runtt21

#24 Post by runtt21 »

DUDE!!!! :oops: Thank you very much. BUT ,You are the one who got me into this E17 thing.And it was you that got me started on it.I had never heard of e17 until I ran Buddapup.So you should be as proud of it as I am cause you laid the foundation for all of this, you have helped a BUNCH !!! :D

In a way This is all your fault!!!! :lol: :D

phodges

#25 Post by phodges »

both you guys have done awesome work on the puppy-e17 combo. i really wanted to try E for my desktop but do not have the time to find my way around.

so i was stoked to see your puppies pretty much ready to go!

moogsydodong

#26 Post by moogsydodong »

running macpup opera for a week now...
man its fast...and beautiful...

thanks a lot... :wink:

runtt21

#27 Post by runtt21 »

Thank you moogsydodong very much !!!!!

Today's module is configmenu. What is does is add all the options that are in the config panle ( its called the setting panel now). to the regular menu.It doesn't effect the settings panel at all.
Attachments
without.jpg
regular menu without this module
(12.38 KiB) Downloaded 2010 times
with.jpg
With it loaded
(21.37 KiB) Downloaded 2042 times
configmenu.tar.gz
(118.77 KiB) Downloaded 563 times

runtt21

#28 Post by runtt21 »

This module goes on the shelf and shows cpu usage %. I may re-compile this one with a different processor image.
Attachments
cpu.jpg
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 2128 times
cpu.tar.gz
(77.97 KiB) Downloaded 572 times

puppyluvr

#29 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Dude,
Finally got this baby D/L`d...Sweet...
Gonna have to test her good...
And install all of the goodies...
Be back... :D

smakx

#30 Post by smakx »

Wow.

I have been experimenting with slax and puppy for awhile now. I have spent some time trying to pry xfce into slax. I downloaded Macpup on a whim and tried it, now I am hooked on e17.

I have tried Macpup on 3 machines and it runs great on them all. No problems with sound/networking/video/etc,

As it turns out, the combination of puppy and e17 is just about the perfect base for a perfect os imo - works on slow systems, flys on fast ones.

Great job to everyone involved in creating all of the parts that come together into Macpup Opera. I like this os alot.

smakx

A couple of things

#31 Post by smakx »

Hello again,

I burned the macpup iso to cd, booted it up and then used the puppy universal installer to install to usb, Everything went fine, and macpup is running great, One minor note, when using the universal installer, the confirmation buttons on the first menu are all a button labeled 'menu' (when it should be 'ok or something like that). I'm not sure if this is specific to this pupplet, and it is just a minor graphic glitch that doesn't effect function.

One thing I noticed is that the first 'boot menu' displayed when booting from the macpup cd was customized to macpup. When I used the universal installer to install to usb, It put the regular puppy boot menu back on it. I know this is a noob question, but is there some easy way to get the menu back from the cd? I tried replacing all of the files and no dice. I also hope to do a remaster using remaster express, removing a few of the default apps and adding some different ones, has anyone tested this on macpup yet?

Thanks again

prit1

#32 Post by prit1 »

You can read this post to understand how to install a graphical grub:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=27471

After you have installed this graphical grub, you can copy the message file from the /boot/grub directory off the macpup cd to your harddisk grub location.
[url=http://macpup.org][b]Macpup - The beauty of linux[/b][/url] [b] | [/b] [url=http://pritlog.com/][b]Pritlog - Simple blog app[/b][/url]

runtt21

#33 Post by runtt21 »

I have never used remaster express , so I cant help you with that ,but really macpup opera is only 131 mb and macpup foxy e17 is fully loaded with extra stuff at only 183 so unless you have ram issues on a machine you dont really need to get rid of any thing unless you just dont what it in the menus and that can be fixed.

smakx

#34 Post by smakx »

Thanks for the quick replies. I will look into that grub thread, I have been meaning to learn more about it.

As far as remaster express goes, you are correct in stating that macpup is already very compact and efficient. I am just experimenting to learn more about how it works. I am making a few very minor changes to suit my needs. I would like to strip out a few more things for the sake of learning and for low ram systems (like games and homebank).

I would also like to figure out how to redirect e17's built in shutdown menu to call up the custom one that works in puppy. I am guessing that this is not easy or it would have already been done.

`f00

#35 Post by `f00 »

Nice job, plays well with other wms Image

.. a bit of getting used to E17 and some learnings :)