Canon MP/MX/MG Scanner Drivers - Updated 2016

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
stemsee

#106 Post by stemsee »

Thanks @rcrsn51

My canon mg3250 scanner printer all working great on my puppy. Made easy thanks to your work.

neilalex

request for reupload

#107 Post by neilalex »

rcrsn51 wrote:Your MP230 is not supported by SANE, so "scanimage -L" will not detect it.

However, the Scangearmp driver from Canon should work. But it's not enough to install the DEBs just by clicking on them.

I have made two PETs for you. The forum no longer allows them to be hosted, so here are the download links.

scangearmp_common-2.0.pet
scangearmp_mp230series-2.00.pet

Use the smaller DOWNLOAD button on the left.

Please report back.
hi! i'm a Puppy newb here... i'd like to request a reupload of the 230 series pet (link's already dead)... thanks in advance!

btw im using TahrPup 6.0CE 8)

rcrsn51

#108 Post by rcrsn51 »

Please see the instructions in the main post for installing the scanner driver yourself using the candi tool.

april

#109 Post by april »

I have a new Cannon MG2560
Followed all advice on first page and installed all scanner files but sane does not detect it . lib pixma is there ok and printer working fine just not getting scanner . can I try the .25 driver perhaps?
If you would send it to me please

april

#110 Post by april »

rcrsn51 wrote:Here is the scangearmp_mg2200series-2.00.pet.

Use the smaller grey DOWNLOAD button on the left.

It also requires the scangearmp_common-2.0.pet from the previous page.
can't get ?
The file you requested (id d2ef50c6) does not exist. It might have been deleted due to inactivity (no downloads) or due to not complying with our terms. Click one of the 2 downloads below instead.

The storage site does not seem to want to send anything out
http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/d2ef50c6

another to look at filed with encryption is mega.nz

rcrsn51

#111 Post by rcrsn51 »

Please see the instructions in the main post for installing the scanner driver yourself using the candi tool.

april

#112 Post by april »

Puppy precise 5.7.1
april wrote:I have a new Cannon MG2560
Followed all advice on first page and installed all scanner files but sane does not detect it . lib pixma is there ok and printer working fine just not getting scanner . can I try the .25 driver perhaps?
If you would send it to me please
rcrsn51 wrote:Edit: I have built a PET for the latest pixma backend 1.0.25. It claims to support some new Canon models. If anyone wants to test it, please post a request.
Please read again my posts rcrsn51

I also note that the amd64 package for scangearmp is for 64bit machines and the one to use for 32bit machines is thescangearmp i386 .deb however when run this 32 bit package gives this error

Code: Select all

# scangearmp
scangearmp: error while loading shared libraries: libcncpmsui.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# 

So that file is not available in the PPM
Why is it always yours that don't run? I know you try to help but frequently it just becomes a confused mess. That program does not run in the "gimp" we get as a .sfs file either so where do I get the right "libcncpmsui.so" and what will be needed after that?

...and what is wrong with your download site? It gives some and says it does not have others . They seem to be deleting files that are not used frequently so you need a better storage site .Try the
mega.nz site I suggested 50 Gig of encoded storage free and the link and key can be put here for everyone or kept private and secure for you only.
Last edited by april on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

april

#113 Post by april »

Stranger and stranger
That .so file is in usr/lib

So what in fact does "candi" do? Is there some source code for that?

The cannon scanner I got working but peasyscan and sane dont find the scanner? Once you put the cannon program in the right place for gimp,the plug-ins , it works from there too

april

#114 Post by april »

Guess were going to have the stubborn head in the sand approach again . You did this last time on the rtl8192 driver issue that didn't work and before that too....

So I have asked questions about what you are doing and you refuse to reply. now . Don't want anyone looking too closely at shoddy , sloppy work maybe?

Semme

#115 Post by Semme »

Crude and unwarranted demands aside, try the symlink bit here.

You'll have a real file, "libcncpmsui.so.1.1.0" perhaps.. Create the symlink and reload.
What will be needed after that?

Code: Select all

ldd /path_to_scangearmp
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

april

#116 Post by april »

Hey semme . Yes I am a bit harsh on him I think but he gets the shits and goes away for days to cool down . One of those days where things just don't work for me . Apologies rcrsn51

That link is there,but I have "scangearMP" working fine now but peasyscan and sane do not detect the scanner at all . Thats my only remaining question. Oh and I would like to know what candi and dandi do just to be sure I am not installing spyware.?

rcrsn51

#117 Post by rcrsn51 »

april wrote:That link is there,but I have "scangearMP" working fine now but peasyscan and sane do not detect the scanner at all . Thats my only remaining question.
This is all explained on the main page.

I installed the MG2560 myself using candi and it worked correctly.