3G-GPRS Linux Drivers-Program

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
Tigger1

3G-GPRS Linux Drivers-Program

#1 Post by Tigger1 »

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place or is not needed BUT,Being a user of Puppy for some time and an avid distro junky,Ive come across a program-app that if could be used should solve most of the problems that have and do arise with the current 3G app used in Puppy.The is called (Vodaphone Mobile Connect) and is used in many current Big name Linux distros.The app is so easy to use,and depending on the 3G dongle used it can configure it at start up all that is needed from the user is the APN,ie carrier name and its ready to use.With this app I have been able to connect and use AT-T dongles 881-885-875u and all tru-install equipt dongles out of the box.Same is true for the Verison-T-Mobile dongles,and a few older pcmia cards that we have on hand. Maybe this app could be used in a PuppyI say maybe used because I dont know if it needs to run with KDE Connect Manager or not.I, We are currently using this in a Distro called Vixta-Simplis Aero on our Field computers and Aero3D on the Office computers.(Sidenote)PUPPY is used from 4gig usb stick,Simplis on hard drive.Puppy started us in the Linux direction,and schooled us quite well in the Open Source World,But as we've grown so has our needs. Having deleted Windows from all computers in our small Biz we are happy to say we are LINUX.