puppylinux.asia

News, happenings
Caneri

puppylinux.asia

#1 Post by Caneri »

Hi All,

Well it seems that the Asian market that uses Puppy Linux is very active.

The server at puppylinux.asia has used ALL the bandwidth and is now offline for the month of July.

This new server will require donations from the people that use it. I started the project for Asian countries so they could have a stable place to go to for software that corresponds to the country they live in and have access to the language of their choice.

If any users from the Asian countries feel they agree with my idea that a dedicated Puppy Linux server to hold only Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese and any language that fits the Asian market..please donate to the project to keep it alive.

I will continue the project for another few months and see if this idea is viable for everyone interested.

Best Regards,
Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

Aitch

#2 Post by Aitch »

Caneri

#3 Post by Caneri »

Thanks Aitch,

I would also like to use this new server to take the pressure off of puppylinux.ca...and provide a dedicated server for Asian countries. I just can't do both at this time..thus donations or "pay to play" will be required for .asia.

If I can get the bandwidth under control on .ca I would like to set up a "Live Help Desk" for Puppy users to get live one on one support from a skilled and knowledgeable operator....this live setup will interface nicely with the PSIP VOIP client that is now in Dingo...alas the bandwidth is nearly all used on puppylinux.ca and is, as I posted ALL used at puppylinux.asia.

Contact us here http://puppylinux.ca/Website/contact

Thanks again,
Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]