I'm impressed! Puppy 4.30

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
CiaW

I'm impressed! Puppy 4.30

#1 Post by CiaW »

I haven't been around for a few months, I decided to re-do my website with Drupal and that wasn't a Puppy sort of task. Then the power on my IBM Thinkpad 600x started acting flaky (which it still is...) so I broke down and got a new desktop computer (AMD triple core with 2gb ram and 250gb hard drive), installed CentOS 5.3 and Fedora 11 -- both of which are nice and fast on the machine.

A few days ago I decided to wander over to the puppy.org site and saw that 4.3 was released, so I downloaded it and needless to say it was fast on my new desktop pc. The desktop extends past the bottom of the screen on the 1440x900 monitor, even though it shows that's the resolution -- but I can live with that by right clicking to get a menu.

Then today I booted the CD on my IBM Thinkpad, and it only successfully came up using the acpi=force option, just like puppy 4.21. However, unlike 4.21 --it saw my wlan0 wireless card, loaded the driver and got me online; despite IRQ 10 and 11 being disabled due to the acpi command. With 4.21 I had to use slaxer pup to get the wireless to connect.

So here I am, to say I'm impressed! Kudos to Barry and the rest of those who worked on this release.

Cia W

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Run Free
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D