CUPS 500 Internal Server Error After installing Google Chrom

Using applications, configuring, problems
RickGT351

CUPS 500 Internal Server Error After installing Google Chrom

#1 Post by RickGT351 »

I set up a special purpose savefile and I went into CUPS to check whether I had installed my printer. When I clicked on the Admin tab, I got
500 Internal Server Error
. I checked the savefile I ordinarily use and the links from CUPS work fine.

Update: I created a new savefile ,installed my printer then printed a test page - ok.
Then I installed Google Chrome from the Google Chrome download page. Installed and ran chrome. Went to http://localhost:631/ ok but got 500 Internal Server Error when I clicked on Admin, Help, Jobs and Printers.
Uninstalled Chrome and still get the 500 Internal Server Error.
It would appear the Google Chrome interferes with printing somehow
Last edited by RickGT351 on Fri 17 Oct 2014, 21:04, edited 3 times in total.

watchdog

#2 Post by watchdog »

RickGT351

#3 Post by RickGT351 »

Update: I created a new savefile ,installed my printer then printed a test page - ok.
Then I installed Google Chrome from the Google Chrome download page. Installed and ran chrome. Went to http://localhost:631/ ok but got 500 Internal Server Error when I clicked on Admin, Help, Jobs and Printers.
Uninstalled Chrome and still get the 500 Internal Server Error.
It would appear the Google Chrome interferes with printing somehow

greengeek

#4 Post by greengeek »

And theres some other discussion about how to identify which directories can end up with wrong permissions here
Different cause, but possibly the same type of fault. Some useful suggestions about how to fix.

Semme

#5 Post by Semme »

Odd you're able to run Chrome as root :?: I'd dump it's cache and retry..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

RickGT351

#6 Post by RickGT351 »

Semme, it that in /root/.chrome or somewhere else?

Semme

#7 Post by Semme »

It's under "setings" >> tools >> "clear browsing data" or "settings" >> privacy. This way removes guesswork.

Can you print with any other browsers? Possibly before Chromes`install but not after? Good point to note..

A point that would return you to this being a permissions issue.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

RickGT351

#8 Post by RickGT351 »

Semme wrote:It's under "setings" >> tools >> "clear browsing data" or "settings" >> privacy. This way removes guesswork.

Can you print with any other browsers? Possibly before Chromes`install but not after? Good point to note..

A point that would return you to this being a permissions issue.
Yes I could print before I installed Google Chrome. I made another savefile, installed the printer, made sure it worked, then installed Chromium from the .sfs files. Printer works ok. Have also had no issues with Firefox

RickGT351

#9 Post by RickGT351 »

As an experiment I tried installing Chrome from http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... ges-lucid/ . Printing is ok so it appears that the problem is with chrome from the google website

WoodLark

#10 Post by WoodLark »