Wireless Network problems

Booting, installing, newbie
Khonsu

Wireless Network problems

#1 Post by Khonsu »

Hey friends, I'm running PuppyOffice (aka Chubby Puppy) on my Dell i386 laptop and have a lot of trouble configuring and connecting to my home WiFi network.

I used the ndiswrapper to get the Windows XP drivers, but when i try to use the W.A.G. app a message says that it is not configured and is checking the socket but lags there and does not do anything (i think), also tried to configure the network using the console but failed.

I went to the Network Wizard, but no luck, neither the auto DHCP or the manual configuration seem to work. Finally i tried the RutilT app, but I can't even get it installed.

Any ideas or even better a step by step guide for a true novice in Linux world, is greatly welcomed.

Best regards.

jamesjeffries2

#2 Post by jamesjeffries2 »

have you tried the auto probe function in the network wizard? it seems to work quite well for me usually.

1. click the 'connect' icon on the desktop

2.Select connect to internet by a network interface

3. press load module

4. Select the more tab at the top

5. Press the auto probe button

This should mean it will automatically go through all the modules and work out which one is most likely to work for your network adapter.

6. Then go to the main screen of the network wizard and press the button for the wireless interface (you can tell which one it is by the type column

7. press the wireless button

8. press scan and select your network and then enter any security details. press Ok

This should tell you if it has found a 'live' network

if it has press auto DHCP and it should connect you to your network

Khonsu

Problem solved...

#3 Post by Khonsu »

Txs James, yes i did try the network wizard and that didn't go to well, since the problem was originating from the wireless card itself.

Anyway, i managed to get the network up and running, and now everything seems to be going on very smooth.

Txs again and c u around.

Regards,

Carlos