gray

clock

#31 Post by gray »

wosifat:

Edit the conky file /root/.rc_cpu

wosifat

#32 Post by wosifat »

Thanks bunches as always, gray.
By the way, is there any way to change what icons are used by Thunar and the drive icons on the side of the screen? I found a set of icons called JQ8flat-lite that I love, but I hate the ones Thunar uses by default.

Roy

#33 Post by Roy »

Gray,

First, let me tell you that I am an admirer of your work! However, I am having problems with Opera in Boxpup 413r1....

When I log in to my Hotmail account, everything appears -- for a very brief period -- as normal, then disappears. Just a white screen remains.

I reverted back to Boxpup 413 (with Firepup) and added an Opera .sfs that works normally, but what am I missing in revision 1?

-Roy

Sit Heel Speak

#34 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

I have posted fonting improvement packages for both 412 boxpup and 413-r1 boxpup, and would appreciate feedback.

Max Uglee

#35 Post by Max Uglee »

Roy wrote:...I am having problems with Opera in Boxpup 413r1....

When I log in to my Hotmail account, everything appears -- for a very brief period -- as normal, then disappears. Just a white screen remains.

I reverted back to Boxpup 413 (with Firepup) and added an Opera .sfs that works normally, but what am I missing in revision 1?
I had the same problem with opera 10 beta in Ubuntu 8.04 (using IceWm if that matters). I put firefox on and it worked ok (just slower :( ). Ever since hotmail became M$ live or whatever it has really gone down hill, go figure. Although this was the worst, I have seen other probs with hotmail in firefox and google chrome. I realize it is a pain to switch over but if you can I would get a gmail or even maybe a yahoo account.

Roy

#36 Post by Roy »

Yes, Hotmail can certainly be a bother. I actually maintain accounts with several different web providers that enables me to use their web-based chat sessions and give one specific e-mail account for ‘registering’ software, a different account for business issues, another for the anticipated receipt of spam, etc. The first time I had problems with the then -new and -improved version of Hotmail, Sit Heel Speak came through with this fix: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=251068 (using the Seamonkey browser, not Opera). Gray has since caught my attention with his full featured Puplets that don’t require a lot of hard-drive real estate.

Can’t say that I want to stop using any of those accounts, which leaves me with the same question, “…what am I missing in [Boxpup 413] revision 1?
Last edited by Roy on Wed 05 Aug 2009, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.

Sit Heel Speak

#37 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

(words eaten by poster)
Last edited by Sit Heel Speak on Fri 07 Aug 2009, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

Roy

#38 Post by Roy »

Disregard. Posted in another thread.

-Roy

gcoyne

Obmenu installation for Openbox

#39 Post by gcoyne »

Hi all

I am busy setting up Boxpup 413 with all the applications I like to use. I wanted to edit the Openbox Menu and I see that there is a utility app to do this called Obmenu. Has anybody installed this and the necesarry dependencies and got it working? I have tried but cannot get it working. Could anybody give me step by step instructions or point me to a pet file?

Thanks in advance

Greg

omskates

#40 Post by omskates »

Has any member tried FireDog browser suite with BoxPup 413? I think I will....tomorrow :D

bolle

#41 Post by bolle »

i cant download any of them.

the passwords and usernames dont work on the main one and the mirror..

helpo!

wosifat

#42 Post by wosifat »

Curious.
Can you replace Pwidgets with conky?

bolle

#43 Post by bolle »

how can i change the bar at the bottom of the desktop?
i would like to change it to something else!?

thanks alot!

omskates

#44 Post by omskates »

Lots of bar-backs here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 2&start=75

Find the location of your current bar-back png image ('file search' for Wbar)
Move the new png into the same folder & confirm the png file name is a different one or it will overwrite.

Go to the wbar config file and make a back up of the entire file into a new empty file, name it 'wbar-back-up' or something.

Find the text displaying the path to current bar-back png image and replace it with the name of your new one= ________.png

Save & Quit

Restart X

You may need to mod the positioning of the new bar if its off placement.

If Wbar refuses to start then there's a typo in your entry or the path to the png. isn't correctly entered, etc..

You can always use your back-up to restore a screwed up custom Wbar config. :)

timremy

desktops

#45 Post by timremy »

hello

i just tried nop 413 r1 and it was great. then i found box pup 413 r1 and

its great.

what is the difference. why use openbox or xfce.

i am not trying to be a smart mouth, just wondering why?

timremy

omskates

#46 Post by omskates »

Openbox is lighter weight, even simpler than Xfce and overall behavior is a bit different. Without getting in to details it tends to be subjective choice with desktop environments and how your applications interface with them. Just my view as an end user :)