Pwidgets 2.0.7-1 for NOP

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
trio

Pwidgets 2.0.7-1 for NOP

#1 Post by trio »

EDIT: Pwidgets is now oficially in NOP 413 r1 but you may try to use my version

Hi,

This is pwidgets especially brewed for NOP. Tested in NOP 413..WORKS FOR NOP WITHOUT COMPIZ

First uninstall previous version and the wallpaper setter i supplied if any..

How to use:
1. Download and install pet
2. Go to menu - Settings -Pwidgets then choose any widget & apply

Improved now, no need to use backdrop.list (thanks to gray)
Some differences with gray's version:
- Updated auto-preview clock analog plugin
- Updated preview sidebars plugin

Known issues:
1. If you change wallpaper you should re-apply pwidgets to get correct widgets backgorund (especially analog clock), because it's not automatic
2. Sidebars also need to be re-applied if you change wallpaper

use the pwidgets wallpaper express setter below to avoid that.

And so sorry that it's far from perfect..I find xfce desktop environtment is so closed (means not too many bash script, but binaries), it's kinda hard to modify...

thanks and enjoy
Attachments
wallpaper_express-NOP.pet
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
Screenshot.jpg
(38.91 KiB) Downloaded 2425 times
Last edited by trio on Sun 26 Apr 2009, 00:27, edited 24 times in total.

davesurrey

#2 Post by davesurrey »

hello trio,
My broadband has been down since Thursday so I've only just seen this post.
Thought I would give you some feedback as no-one else has so far.

I tried this on a clean NOP413 frugal install and used the following widgets:
Puppylinux
clock_analog
calendar
puppyspace
cpu_ram
world time
weather.

It worked very well and now I get the side-bars working as well, using the method you suggest. Congratulations.

I noted that you said it wasn't compatible with Compiz but just for fun I tried it on my NOP413 compiz install by removing all the previous pwidget files and re-installing your new pet.
It still has the problem that on reboot of the PC or the x-server it gives frames around the widgets and clock. I get rid of the frames simply by re-applying Pwidgets with the Pwidgets GUI.

But now I only need to modify the /root/.pwidgets/configs files by changing the
own_window_type
line from "Desktop" to "roxdesktop" and then I get transparency when the cube rotates.
And side-bars are also working.

So seems you are getting ever closer on the compiz issue as well.

Cheers
Dave

trio

#3 Post by trio »

Hello dave!

Well, thanks for your feedback...I appreciate it..for comnpiz,..hmm until now I haven't got time to explore it further...maybe you can be the one to do it ? :lol:

rgrds

gray

Pwidgets 2.0.7-1 for NOP 413

#4 Post by gray »

Hi trio,

I like what you guys have been doing with Pwidgets and included in Boxpup 413. I will also include Pwidgets in an update to NOP 413 out soon (just Xfce to v4.6.1). Had a look at this 2.0.6-4 version for NOP and saw some improvements that could be made taking advantage of the xfconf system that is new in Xfce 4.6. With xfconf you can set anything in Xfce from the command line !

Attached is an updated Pwidgets for NOP 413 at v2.0.7-1 standard.

trio

#5 Post by trio »

Hi Gray,

Thanks for updating the pet! Coming from the NOP pupplet master himself is a great honour! Aah, I haven't got time to look any deeper though, but this is exactly what I expected, good reaction from you. And actually, you don't just upgrade from the general pwidgets pet. Modofications for NOP is necessary, I hope you adopted them in your pet. And, aside from bugfix and improvement of general pwidgets 2.7-1 the differences are only lacking of a few new widgets.

Cheers
Last edited by trio on Fri 24 Apr 2009, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

trio

#6 Post by trio »

below is newly updated clock analog & sidebar plugin for NOP

- New preview function
Last edited by trio on Fri 24 Apr 2009, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

gray

NOP & Pwidgets

#7 Post by gray »

trio wrote:
Edit: Just downloaded & look inside your pet, you did not adopt the tweaks for NOP, it won't work...see the pwidgets config files...the conky one.. have to be own_window_type Desktop and also few tweak in the /usr/local/pwidgets/func..to make sure analog clock get the right window, also how pwidgets should wait until the desktop is fully loaded..and maybe few others i don't remember..seems you only tweaked the fixwidgets file..FYI
@trio: Oh yes it does work. It is modified different to the way that you did, and is less of a difference to the standard pwidgets code. It ONLY works for Xfce 4.6 though (NOP 413) as it uses the new xfconf system to access Xfce settings. It even works well with Compiz ;-

trio

#8 Post by trio »

Gray,

Yes I use NOP 413, and I modified the fixwidgets according you xconf tweak, it is great for the wallpaper setting, but what I meant was the tweak for clock to get right window Id and conky window type. And yes, I tried your version, and pwidgets did not show. I'm in frugal install NOP. Maybe because no compiz? Davesurrey reported own window type roxdesktop works in compiz. Just an input, wheter you want to use it or not is up to you. See above, I adopted your xconf tweak also in my version. Still, I think no harm if you look inside my version.

Cheers

trio

#9 Post by trio »

Updated sidebars plugin & analog clock plugin...see above

triminh

#10 Post by triminh »

it doesn't work properly on puppy NOP 4.12. I tried it!

trio

#11 Post by trio »

triminh wrote:it doesn't work properly on puppy NOP 4.12. I tried it!
well, as I said, tested and included in NOP 4.1.3 which uses latest XFCE that is different with NOP 4.1.2