ffmpeg 0.5 and xine-lib 1.1.16.3

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
jani

#16 Post by jani »

Hi

I installed these packages (only 1 & 2 because 3 is not must).
Before the installation i could use ffmpeg apart from mp4 to mp3 conversation.
After the installation when i launch ffmpeg a got this message:

ffmpeg: relocation error: /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.52: symbol snd_pcm_htimestamp, version ALSA_0.9 not defined in file libasound.so.2 with link time reference

I use puppy 4.00 full install.

Could you help me please?
Have you got any idea what is the issue what i have to do?

Thank you
Jani

Patriot

#17 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

@jani

It seems that there's an ALSA dependencies that is not met with in puppy 4.0 ..... I believe that puppy 4.0 is using kernel 2.6.21.7 but with an older alsa-1.0.15 ... To resolve this, you will need to upgrade alsa to at least version 1.0.16 (the one used in puppy 4.12) or the latest 1.0.21 ...

I don't remember off hand but puppy 4.00 kernel could be configured differently and my alsa driver upgrade pet would not work properly ... If you need any help with alsa upgrade, please pm me .....

Rgds

jani

#18 Post by jani »

Hi Patriot.

You are right my kernel is 2.6.21.7.
But i don't know my ALSA version. I don't know how can i check it.
(you know i am not a linux expert just an open mind user; may be the the version of alsamixer? it is 1.0.14)

Could you help me how can i upgrade the ALSA libs/progs? to the proper version?

Thank you
Jani

Patriot

#19 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

I've made some checks and finally found a suitable symvers to use ... Please go to my alsa-1020 thread here and get the alsa-3in1-k26217-pre-1020 pet package made specifically for puppy 4.00 and puppy 3.01 ...

After installing the alsa upgrade, open a terminal and use alsaconf to reconfigure your soundcard ... I would suggest that you boot using a LiveCD with pfix=ram to try it out first ...

Rgds

jani

#20 Post by jani »

Hi Patriot

I done your instruction and finally the ffmpeg works !!! :D
I appreciate your help.
Thank you very much.

Jani

technosaurus

#21 Post by technosaurus »

did you compile against libgsm? It's pretty small and also a useful lossy speech codec similar to speex. It took forever to figure out how to compile a decent shared library though... I am posting a small pet in case someone needs it

EDIT: need to chmod the /usr/lib/libgsm.so...
Attachments
libgsm_DEV-1.0.13-i486.pet
(17.32 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
libgsm-1.0.13-i486.pet
(12.67 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
Last edited by technosaurus on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 05:53, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

disciple

#22 Post by disciple »

figure out how to
Perhaps you could enlighten us... or at least document it so you don't forget it yourself :)
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

technosaurus

#23 Post by technosaurus »

AFTER
# The basic API: libgsm

ADDED
dotso:
$(LD) $(CFLAGS) $(LFLAGS) -o lib/libgsm.so.1.0.13 -shared -Xlinker -soname -Xlinker libgsm.so.1 $(GSM_SOURCES) -lc
ln -fs libgsm.so.1.0.13 lib/libgsm.so.1
ln -fs libgsm.so.1.0.13 lib/libgsm.so

THEN
make dotso

the files will be in ./lib - I just manually copied them at that point because I was too sick of editing the Makefile to futs with the install part ... CRAP forgot to chmod the .so grrr I'll repack it tomorrow

P.S. I used GSM_SOURCES instead of OBJECTS so the -combine CFLAG would shrink the library
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].