Suggestions for Forum Improvement

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
someSven

#361 Post by someSven »

I changed my email adress and made a mistake, writing .com instead of .net - account gone. Emails aren't answered.

OT: Have a similar problem with another forum, can't register since some weeks, cause I'm not getting a verification mail. To find the email of the owner is always a adventure, then there is no answer. I'm sure that I'm not banned there.

Bindee

#362 Post by Bindee »

What about a youtube help section where users can submit help videos such as explaining how to make install packages for quirky and such?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#363 Post by Flash »

I think there already is something like that, although the videos may be way out of date.

s243a

#364 Post by s243a »

I't's probably been mentioned but I noticed that you can't put parenthesis in URLs. Allot of wikipedia pages use parenthesis in URLs. The solution is to use the URL encoding for parenthesis. However, not all users will know to do this.

Bindee

#365 Post by Bindee »

Flash wrote:I think there already is something like that, although the videos may be way out of date.
If you find it could you put it in it's own section on the main forum so it's more visible as a trial to see if more people use it?

Thanks

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#366 Post by Flash »

s243a wrote:I't's probably been mentioned but I noticed that you can't put parenthesis in URLs. Allot of wikipedia pages use parenthesis in URLs. The solution is to use the URL encoding for parenthesis. However, not all users will know to do this.
What is the URL encoding for parentheses?

Semme

#367 Post by Semme »

I'm happy to see they're not active.

http://www.vermontdatabase.com/cloudwri ... coding.htm
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

s243a

#368 Post by s243a »

Flash wrote:
s243a wrote:I't's probably been mentioned but I noticed that you can't put parenthesis in URLs. Allot of wikipedia pages use parenthesis in URLs. The solution is to use the URL encoding for parenthesis. However, not all users will know to do this.
What is the URL encoding for parentheses?
Here it is in the encoded form:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surf_%28web_browser%29

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#369 Post by Flash »

s243a wrote:...Here it is in the encoded form:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surf_%28web_browser%29
I can't see how that helps at all. :?
I did find Semme's post instructive though. If I ever find the time, I'll experiment with using URL encoding in the forum.

ribblle

#370 Post by ribblle »

How about siilihai support? It works with support phpbb forums, either by the administrator installing a Tapatalk plugin or someone coding a parser. Really want to give a forum client a spin!

nosystemdthanks

#371 Post by nosystemdthanks »

ribblle wrote:either by the administrator installing a Tapatalk plugin or someone coding a parser. Really want to give a forum client a spin!
if youre going to install a tapatalk plugin though, you might as well follow up with javascript bitcoin miners and ransomware.

i havent tried both for comparison, but hearing from people that have used tapatalk or contracted herpes sound like theyre in a similar boat to me. then again, i suppose that at least it was fun for them at some point.
[color=green]The freedom to NOT run the software, to be free to avoid vendor lock-in through appropriate modularization/encapsulation and minimized dependencies; meaning any free software can be replaced with a user’s preferred alternatives.[/color]