How to uninstall packages installed thru package manager?

Booting, installing, newbie
Umren

How to uninstall packages installed thru package manager?

#1 Post by Umren »

So, installed some packages thru puppy package manager. :shock:

And some of them just won't uninstalling! package manager tell me "Testing.. ok" every time, and window with "Remove/Abort" just won't show up! :evil:

What's the problem, is there any way to kill these ram leechers? :roll:

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#2 Post by Béèm »

How do you know it are ram leechers?
When a package is installed correctly it should be uninstall correctly also.
If you are speaking about the packages which came with the CD, then a remaster has to be done.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

pa_mcclamrock

Re: Uninstall packages.

#3 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

Umren wrote:So, installed some packages thru puppy package manager. :shock:

And some of them just won't uninstalling!
What packages are you talking about?
It's stupid to use inferior software for ideological reasons.
--Linus Torvalds

DaveS

#4 Post by DaveS »

Umren, I think you are experiencing one of the odd 'features' of the package manager. If you wish to uninstall a package, you must first select to display the repository that it was originally downloaded from, or it wont work. Thus: if you originally downloaded the package from say 'official puppy 3', you must select that repository at the top of package manager before it can be uninstalled.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Umren

#5 Post by Umren »

DaveS wrote:Umren, I think you are experiencing one of the odd 'features' of the package manager. If you wish to uninstall a package, you must first select to display the repository that it was originally downloaded from, or it wont work. Thus: if you originally downloaded the package from say 'official puppy 3', you must select that repository at the top of package manager before it can be uninstalled.
thank you wise man! really worked. :shock:

silkdogz

Problems with PET uninstall

#6 Post by silkdogz »

I have the same problem. I tried unsuccessful to uninstall the Gxineplug-in package and it isn't working. Even installing it and then uninstalling it doesn't work. I prefer to use mplayerplug-in to play my steaming music instead of the gxineplug-in.

I'm new to Puppy. It took me two tries to get it installed. This is a great small distro.

I had to revert to what I know (delete all Gxine files from /usr/lib/mozilla/plug-ins) and that worked. Now I can listen to my streaming music using the mplayerplug-in.