RemaX (live-CD creator) (Solved)

Please post any bugs you have found
nojock

RemaX (live-CD creator) (Solved)

#1 Post by nojock »

Computer HP/Compaq nx5000 Laptop all BIOS flashed up to date. Processor intel Celeron M 1300MHz, 512 ram, no hard drive, usb2 8gig three partitions, sda1 puppy 4.2, sda2 1gig swap Linux, sda3 file storage v fat 32. All partitions were made with G Parted from the 4.2 software package.

The program (Remax) Trying to remaster live CD all goes well until step 9 ejected disk replaced with fresh CD TDK CD-r and it proceeds to run but fails to write to CD, CD drive is a Teac DW-224E-A and does burn correctly (more on this later)
system sees the device properly. At step 8 selected CD burn speed 10, and save ISO and burn bullet, pushed the button, proceed to final step. The part step 9 window come up Success live-CD/DVD successfully created. Pushed OK button and tried to read info on CD (after reinserting back into laptop) and there was nothing there still a blank CD.

Next checked out the output of Remax and found it did write the ISO to sda3 at this point went to Menu>multimedia>Burniso2cd and found and burned the ISO and it worked. This is my first bug iv have found, All that is good in Linux is here and 4.2 is my first Puppy it just works mostly. Great Job to all the developers and programers.
Last edited by nojock on Wed 01 Apr 2009, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

pa_mcclamrock

#2 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

Hey, too bad you weren't testing this program at the RC3 or RC4 stage, before the final release of Puppy 4.2! :)

OK, I found and fixed the bug, and successfully tested the fixed script. If you don't want to wait for me to post another revised .PET in the "Official Patches & Updates" thread, just download the tarball attached to this message (I had to put the revised "remax" script in a tarball to avoid rejection by the automated attachment-rejecter in this forum), untar the tarball, and overwrite the existing /usr/sbin/remax with the remax from the tarball. Thanks for the report!
Attachments
remax.tar.gz
(20.55 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
It's stupid to use inferior software for ideological reasons.
--Linus Torvalds

nojock

Remax now works

#3 Post by nojock »

pa_mcclamrock wrote:Hey, too bad you weren't testing this program at the RC3 or RC4 stage, before the final release of Puppy 4.2! :)

OK, I found and fixed the bug, and successfully tested the fixed script. If you don't want to wait for me to post another revised .PET in the "Official Patches & Updates" thread, just download the tarball attached to this message (I had to put the revised "remax" script in a tarball to avoid rejection by the automated attachment-rejecter in this forum), untar the tarball, and overwrite the existing /usr/sbin/remax with the remax from the tarball. Thanks for the report!
Thank's pa_mcclamrock, All went well and burned with out leaving and burning out side the Remax program. Thanks very much. Great turn around works well. Oh just started playing with puppy 2 days ago, it works well.

pa_mcclamrock

Re: Remax now works

#4 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

nojock wrote:Thank's pa_mcclamrock, All went well and burned with out leaving and burning out side the Remax program. Thanks very much. Great turn around works well. Oh just started playing with puppy 2 days ago, it works well.
Glad to hear it! Now maybe you could edit the title of this thread (I can't, since I didn't start the thread), to add "SOLVED" so everyone will know. Thanks in advance!
--Linus Torvalds

nojock

#5 Post by nojock »

pa_mcclamrock wrote:
nojock wrote:Thank's pa_mcclamrock, All went well and burned with out leaving and burning out side the Remax program. Thanks very much. Great turn around works well. Oh just started playing with puppy 2 days ago, it works well.
Glad to hear it! Now maybe you could edit the title of this thread (I can't, since I didn't start the thread), to add "SOLVED" so everyone will know. Thanks in advance!
pa_mcclamrock: Didn' find the remax in its own folder on my machine it lives in the /usr/sbin, there are no more folders at that point.

pa_mcclamrock

#6 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

nojock wrote:pa_mcclamrock: Didn' find the remax in its own folder on my machine it lives in the /usr/sbin, there are no more folders at that point.
Yes, that's how it's supposed to be; it's just one more script in /usr/sbin, like remasterpup2 (the older remastering script).
--Linus Torvalds