libretto pup?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
mclien

#31 Post by mclien »

Me to!
(even if you just dump a tar of your last version used...)
It's actually for my daughter, who is writing her first sory/ novel and wants to use the time during her way to school by underground..

My 100ct is an advanced alarmclock by now (have to use tis instead of the 50ct, because the later is hypernating for heat reasons when doing ogg Playback).
Used the wonderful Eisfair distro for that...

jakfish

#32 Post by jakfish »

I was able to install the hd-to-cf adapter and can now run Windows 95B from a 1 gb cf card (a high-speed cf card is still enroute).

It's an amazing transition: a 35-second cold boot, much better battery life, and very fast app-opening. Not to mention the blessed silence.

Some caveats: know your fdisk stuff. I did not, and my learning curve was steep. You have to partition the cf along with making a 50mb logical extension partition for the hibernation (still can't find a good link on the web for step-by-step instruction). You'll also need a copy of DOS 6.* since the cf needs a basic OS installed on it.

Secondly, Windows-wise, I could not get a hd clone made from the famous xxcopy.com to work on the cf. The only thing that worked was a *.gho image made from Ghost.

If you're using a fresh install of Windows, partition, etc., then, from another computer, copy the c:/win9* directory of cab files, and install via floppy Windows 9* Startup disk. I could not get Windows 95 to install via setup.exe in the c:/win95 directory.

Given the Libby 70ct's 32 mb/P1-133 limitations, I recommend Windows 95B. MS Word 97 sails on it and the free Off By One browser does the job (like Lynx on steroids). Orinoco Classic wifi card works nice, as does the legendary Netgear MA401.

Having shelved my Libby years ago, I find myself using it a great deal this week.

This is, of course, all band-aid stuff as we wait anxiously for a Libby-Puppy iso release :)

Jake

Puppyt

#33 Post by Puppyt »

Libby-puppy Come Home (?)

Would love to hear how/if things are progressing...

cwmdu

libretto 70ct

#34 Post by cwmdu »

I have puppy 3 running OK on 32MB 70ct 10GB disk full install. I partitioned disk to avoid hibernation sectors around 8.4GB. I had trouble with LILO and GRUB trying to load removed operating systems. This was resolved with win98SE fdisk /mbr.
DSL instals OK and is faster than puppy, it also works with MA401 WIFI card and PCMCIA adaptor + CF memory. I prefer puppy but can't get MA401 WIFI or orinoco silver WIFI or PCMCIA+CF memory to work.

I put the disk drive in another system as the only hard drive and installed from livecd.

I tried loading Orinoco CS module but puppy cannot find active interface.

I also tried poppy 2.15ce and pcmcia did not work on that either.

The libretto would not originally boot up, I solved this by removing the battery. The battery is now empty as in all cells connector and electronics removed, It boot up OK like this. Since then I found a spare battery at a car boot sale which holds some charge.

To anyone who says fit more memory, its already maxed out. Are there any hacks to increase memory?

Can anyone help with the PCMCIA issues?

cthisbear

#35 Post by cthisbear »

cwmdu:

I see that you have been here.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=40512

:::::::::

Fat Free or Classic Pup 2.14X.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 41271.html

Take care:

http://www.fixup.net/tips/l70200.htm

Chris.

jemimah

#36 Post by jemimah »

Maybe it's time for y'all to consider upgrading :)
I dunno about dual touch screens, but the size is sure perfect.

http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/libretto/W100

TaroBe

Re: libretto 70ct

#37 Post by TaroBe »

Hello cwmdu

Try execution of the following command.

Code: Select all

# modprobe i82365