How to install puppy-iso to bootable cd/dvd

News, happenings
julienm

How to install puppy-iso to bootable cd/dvd

#1 Post by julienm »

I'd like to write the puppy-4.1.2-iso to a bootable cd, but can't find instructions how to achieve this. When searching the puppy-website I can't find more than "This chapter is still missing". I'd almost think this only requires a one-line growisofs-command, but still: I can't find it. In addition I don't succeed specifying it myselve. In particular because I don't know how to specify the boot-record. Anyone who can help?
Then, is it basically different to install to cd or dvd?
Thanks
Julien

droope

Re: How to install puppy-iso to bootable cd/dvd

#2 Post by droope »

julienm wrote:I'd like to write the puppy-4.1.2-iso to a bootable cd, but can't find instructions how to achieve this. When searching the puppy-website I can't find more than "This chapter is still missing". I'd almost think this only requires a one-line growisofs-command, but still: I can't find it. In addition I don't succeed specifying it myselve. In particular because I don't know how to specify the boot-record. Anyone who can help?
Then, is it basically different to install to cd or dvd?
Thanks
Julien
Don't take offense if I misunderstood you, which i think i have:

You have to burn puppy as an ISO. Most of Burning software come with that option (nero for example). The key is not burning the CD as data, but burning it with the ISO burning options.

Anyways, i'd think you will recieve more help at the help forum :)

Cheers.
Droope