Dillo & Seamonkey crash inmediately after clicking on links-

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
benny7440

Dillo & Seamonkey crash inmediately after clicking on links-

#1 Post by benny7440 »

Since I frugally installed it haven't been able to surf the web due to this fact. I like very much its looks & response times. Right now I've d/l a FF pet file & later will try it. Hope it can work with this h/w: Sony VAIO VGN AR250G, 512 MB of RAM Notebook.

Right now I'm with PL511, FF 3.6.18.

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

I think, from memory, that p525 doesn't come with seamonkey already installed, but does has dillo. If dillo is crashing, for certain sites, I can only think:

1: how much ram do you have?
2: is that ram "good" ram?
3: which sites?

benny7440

#3 Post by benny7440 »

Thanks for responding, muggins!

You're right; PL525 doesn't come with Seamonkey; I had d/l it previously as soon as I discovered the new release (ver 2.*).

1) This VAIO Notebook has 512 MB of RAM. I'm using right now PL 511 & have no issue of this kind neithher with Seamonkey nor with FF. Also, have tried Chromium Browser & Opera without anything like this happening.

2) AFAIK, all MBs are ok.

3) Almost any site tried. I can get to the Google search site/page but if I click on a link that appears there it might crash in a snap. If I manage to enter to my Yahoo mail acct., whenever I try to open a message it crashes. All these previous comments apply to both of them, Dillo & Seamonkey.

Edit: Addendum -- I installed a FF pet file (a new version --5.*) in PL525 & tested it for a few hours & it worked ok even though at the end, while streaming from a web radio station, an open tab for my yahoomail (new version) & a blank tab for making a google search about a 'tetrix flash game' it crashed. That was the only time it happened in about 2 hours even though I, at least once, had about 6 tabs opened simultaneously.

Don't know if it's because of the swap file (haven't configured one, yet) or it's something else. I'm writing this now from PL511 with FF 3.6.18, which I'm intending to update right away.