Is there a package list of Bare-Bone Puppy 1.0.4?

Booting, installing, newbie
user-786

Is there a package list of Bare-Bone Puppy 1.0.4?

#1 Post by user-786 »

Just wondering if there is page on Wiki or somewhere else describing the list of all the packages in barebone-1.0.4-puppy ?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

user-786

#3 Post by user-786 »

Thanks for prompt reply. But this page describes bare-bone103, I am interested in bare-bone104.

Now the next question is How do I uninstall the programs that I never use ? I will then install the programs I like and use, and create a custom Puppy with Alienx's remaster script and I will be good to go.

For example, I like Opera, I have .tar.gz and dotPup to install it, but I don't know how to uninstall Mozilla. etc

user-786

#4 Post by user-786 »

Opera and mozilla example is just an example to clarify my objective. I know bare bones does not have Mozilla in it

#5 Post by Guest »

Bare bones 1.0.3 & 1.0.4 should be very similar.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Who's making the bare-bones versions? I presume they are just the full version minus whatever's been removed. If that's the case, then the package list for the full version might be a good place to start.

user-786

#7 Post by user-786 »

Thanks all, that is very helpfull but my question till remains unanswered.

How do I get to know which files and/or libs to remove if I have to remove certain program from the puppy ?

For example, from 106, I would like to remove Mozilla Browser but would like to retain Composer, I would also like to remove Sylpheed altogether, and some other programs which I never use, as well, and add some that I do, and then create a custom puppy with AlienX script ( which by the way is a work of art in my opinion ).

If I can just do that, I would never go back to Windows.

PS: Priter driver, ad Sound problems still need to be solved though.

Pizzasgood

#8 Post by Pizzasgood »

What I've been doing is downloading the unleashed package for what you want to remove, extracting it, then finding and removing the corresponding files. That will work for removing the entire program. If you just want to get rid of part, it can at least show where all the parts are.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Ian »

I don't think that Composer can be removed from Mozilla.