When is the new version of puppy set to release?

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
cptrohn

When is the new version of puppy set to release?

#1 Post by cptrohn »

Just curious of when the new version of puppy is slated for a stable release?

I put it on my old desktop and really like it and am trying to buy 2 laptops for my neice and nephew for school, they are older machines and puppy would be awesome for them I think.

WhoDo

Re: When is the new version of puppy set to release?

#2 Post by WhoDo »

cptrohn wrote:Just curious of when the new version of puppy is slated for a stable release?

I put it on my old desktop and really like it and am trying to buy 2 laptops for my neice and nephew for school, they are older machines and puppy would be awesome for them I think.
We are a matter of a week or two away from Puppy-4.2 Final. I expect to post the second Release Candidate this weekend, so we'll see what that turns up.

Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

cptrohn

Re: When is the new version of puppy set to release?

#3 Post by cptrohn »

WhoDo wrote:
cptrohn wrote:Just curious of when the new version of puppy is slated for a stable release?

We are a matter of a week or two away from Puppy-4.2 Final. I expect to post the second Release Candidate this weekend, so we'll see what that turns up.

Cheers
Oh AWESOME!

I've really enjoyed puppy so far, even though I only use it basically on my older machine (kubuntu on the laptop) But I do really enjoy puppy, it's so user friendly to me..

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the new version! Any exciting new features?

`f00

#4 Post by `f00 »

See the Projects section for many details and a fair amount of discussion ..
current RC1 here and general dev here
Don't forget to join the testing if you'd like, more hammers welcome ;)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#5 Post by Lobster »

# IceWM and JWM window managers with extra GTK+ themes and desktop icon themes
# Desktop widgets (weather, battery, wireless, calender, RSS feed, slideshow) provided by Pwidgets
# Online, live support using XChat
# Entertainment with two players, AlsaPlayer and Pmusic, dedicated to audio; access to Internet radio with streamtuner; and gxine now has full-screen capability during video playback
# Plethora of communication methods via Meebo and the latest versions of Claws Mail, Psip, and XChat
# Printing with CUPS significantly improved
# SeaMonkey 1.1.14 with Monkeymenu
# Image viewer, GPicView, with slideshow capability

- WhoDo will be releasing a RC2 in the next day or two
Test and report back :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

cptrohn

#6 Post by cptrohn »

Ok, I downloaded Deep thought and I have to say it's pretty darn slick to be sure...

I didn't get to really test out the internet though because I tried it out on my laptop and it didn't seem to detect my wireless card... It's an Atheros AR242x I beleive... This is my Kubuntu machine and I had to use the linux backports in Kubuntu to get it to work there too... I'm not at home right now though so I can't try it out with the desktop to see how it works with it's WiFi connection though..

The girlfriend wouldn't really let me play with it tonight though so I didn't get the full effect... but it looks awesome!