aMsn 0.98B SVN 10952

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
futurnet

aMsn 0.98B SVN 10952

#1 Post by futurnet »

After much hours of fighting with compiling issue I win and finally I have compiled the last SVN version of aMsn 0.98B with video and audio conference. (missing in the old amsn 0.97.2) Unfortunately Puppy miss gstream and plugins libraries need to the last aMsn.
So I had to compile many libraries on my own.
Some of them are just present in this forum, but I prefere compile my self because for work properly with aMsn 0.98 this libraries need to be installed in /usr/lib and compiled with some options enable.
In the aMsn pet package I added and configurated also TLS 1.50 and snack 2.2 libraries so you don't need to make yourself it.
In order to install aMSN 0.98, you will need to have the following dependencies installed in this exact sequence on your system:

glib - just present in puppy but out of date for aMsn 0.98
gstreamer
pyobject
pygtk
gst-python
liboil
gst-plugin-base
gst-plugins-good
gst-plugins-bad
gst-plugins-farsight
libnice
farsight2
TCL
TK

and finally:

amsn-0.98-SVN

here you can get all pets you need:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b15a ... 49b5870170

================================================================

If you prefere I have made a simple SFS module so, now you don't need to make a long installation but simply load this module on puppy and you will have aMsn 0.98 working.
I didn't test on my computer. Please let me know if it work. Thanks.

aMsn-0.89B-SVN-I686_412.sfs

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b15a ... eaa7bc68bc
Last edited by futurnet on Fri 12 Feb 2010, 11:25, edited 3 times in total.

T_Hobbit

#2 Post by T_Hobbit »

(missing in the old amule 0.97.2)
aMule? Please, give it to me without the root warning!!! :P
T_Hobbit
:idea: Rebuilding old DOS Machine for Wing Commander Privateer and Puppy :!: Old spare parts to give away - anyone interested :?:

futurnet

#3 Post by futurnet »

I just compiled latest SVN amule without root warning look here:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 29&t=38404

T_Hobbit

#4 Post by T_Hobbit »

Yes. I found it right after my previous post!
T_Hobbit
:idea: Rebuilding old DOS Machine for Wing Commander Privateer and Puppy :!: Old spare parts to give away - anyone interested :?:

Jim1911

#5 Post by Jim1911 »

futurnet

Thank you for your new aMsn-0.89B-SVN-I686_412.sfs. It solved a problem that I've had trying to get amsn working in the new Pup 4.2 since it works great with it.

Thanks,
Jim

ecomoney

#6 Post by ecomoney »

What is the status of this package as of 23/03/2009? I cant seem to find anything on the amsn forums for their current development work.

Its going to be needed for a rather useful project
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

ecomoney

#7 Post by ecomoney »

Ive tested the sfs and got it to work in puppy 4.2, all seems good. The only problem is when setting up the webcam, I come across the error attached about the farsight extention not being loaded. Perhaps this wasnt included in the sfs?
Attachments
farsight-amsn-error.jpg
(35.48 KiB) Downloaded 858 times
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

ecomoney

#8 Post by ecomoney »

Here is another screenshot of the audio/video setup page, when the "details" button is pressed. It states:-

Code: Select all

Farsight : Preparing
Farsight Prepare error : couldn't load file "utils/farsight/tcl_farsight.so": /usr/lib/libgstbase-0.10.so.0: undefined symbol: g_assertion_message_expr
From what I understand from the amsn wiki here this library is needed to make audio conversations.

I think this translates as the tcl_farsight.so (which is definetely present at the location) had an error with an undefined symbol in the libgstbase (gstreamer) when trying to load it. This is a gstreamer bug rather than a farsight bug?
Attachments
amsn-error2.jpg
(44.11 KiB) Downloaded 826 times

futurnet

#9 Post by futurnet »

Sorry ecomoney for my late replay, but I was out for job some mounths.
I compiled Farsaight module in my MSn package.
Anyway, I try now my MSN sfs version and in puppy 4.31 seem work without problem, even when I setup the audio conversation, farsaight been loaded correctly. Farsaight is a module that allow audio conversation in MSN.
Maybe there is some some older library in your puppy version, but I am not an expert about farsaight, so I can't help you.

ecomoney

#10 Post by ecomoney »

Hi futurenet, Ive been away myself for some time....its good to have lives to lead it makes for more rounded computer programmers! Thank you for testing on 4.3.1. Im using amsn in a netbooted environment, it may just be easier to shift the base of the system to 4.3.1 from the current 4.2.1 than play around with complicated library-thingies. I know gstreamer can be a pain. Cheers for what you do!

dejujuy

aMsn 0.98B SVN 10952

#11 Post by dejujuy »

I have followed(continued) all the steps but after coming out gst-plugin-base into the moment of the installation it(he,she) generates mistake indicating that the installation to trumped with some other packages also tube problems but were solved unloading again the same ones is doubt if the problem is the package or is in my machine? Circle puppy 4.3 full installation in a pentium celeron with 380 of ram before installs java skype and pidgin in this order thank you

mensage original en español
he seguido todos los pasos pero luego de descargar gst-plugin-base en el momento de la instalacion genera error indicando que la instalacion a fallado
con algunos otros paquetes tambien tube problemas pero se solucionaron descargando de nuevo los mismos
¿ la duda es si el problema es el paquete o es en mi maquina? corro puppy 4.3 instalacion completa en un pentium celeron con 380 de ram
previamente instale java pidgin y skype en ese orden
gracias

yerc1

Re: aMsn 0.98B SVN 10952

#12 Post by yerc1 »

futurnet wrote: ================================================================

If you prefere I have made a simple SFS module so, now you don't need to make a long installation but simply load this module on puppy and you will have aMsn 0.98 working.
I didn't test on my computer. Please let me know if it work. Thanks.

aMsn-0.89B-SVN-I686_412.sfs

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b15a ... eaa7bc68bc
I am one of those who prefer SFS to pet.
Mounting the sfs on NOP413 (and later on NOP431) and then running "amsn" from terminal, I get this error: "./amsn: line 3: exec: wish: not found". (I already have 4 SFS loaded at boot, which is the maximum I believe, that's why I'm doing it this way). Am I doing it correctly from the terminal or is the SFS not working? Has anyone had success using the SFS?