pNotes 0.1

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Iguleder

pNotes 0.1

#1 Post by Iguleder »

The title says it all ...

Written in Vala, by me. No credits, though, this is a donation, so I think it wouldn't be just to credit myself.

Features:
- Allows you to create multiple notes (in any length).
- The first note has "new" and "about" buttons.
- Closing the first note = closing all notes (and closing the application).
- Does NOT save notes (you have Osmo for reminders :wink: ).

I started developing it on Arch Linux (64 bit), because Puppy 4.3 wasn't released yet. Then I created my own Woof-built Puppy. pNotes was compiled and tested under Puppy (see the screeny, below), works.

I had to remove some features that worked on Arch:
- Two additional toolbar buttons: "stick" (toggle between "always on top" and "sticky" and normal mode) and "transparency" (toggle between 50% and 100% opacity) - both don't work with JWM.
- Close buttons - on Arch notes had no "close" button, because pressing it on any note closed all other notes and quit the program. On Puppy, surprisingly, "close" buttons appear on all notes and close individual notes. Sweet.

I'll try to experiment and see what can be done ... maybe it's impossible.

Comes in 2 PETs: one with the normal, original binary, and another with a stripped (--strip-all) and UPX'ed (--ultra-brute) version. 7462 bytes in total .... hehe.

Still basic ... need ideas and some time till it looks better. Oh, and a nice icon. I'm not so artistic today.
Attachments
pnotes0.1-stripped-upxed.pet
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
screeny.jpg
(83.39 KiB) Downloaded 1468 times
pnotes0.1.pet
(7.13 KiB) Downloaded 316 times