PupFlux, PupFluxLite & now PupFlux421

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
steve_s

#181 Post by steve_s »

Well, I'm really close...custom boot image, hacked away on the menu, themes, images, looks great, very fast, etc...then the pc I was using today: complete hard drive crash! Awesome...today was spent being data recovery guy... :? Almost got it totally back, though...

Anyway, have had some issues getting it to start in fluxbox...at first, had to make sure /etc/windowmanager wasn't getting changed...xwin fluxbox is the only thing that will start it...I'm going to try modifying /root/.xinitrc to exec xwin fluxbox...any suggestions/comments on that would be helpful.

steve_s

#182 Post by steve_s »

Gotta have /etc/windowmanager and /root/.xinitrc both set with startfluxbox, that fixed it.

But now wmexit, wmreboot, restartwm and wmpoweroff all give me this weird message and don't work...ugh...something about kill then giving options for that...something in the script. I'll try and figure that out and/or post back the error message...

steve_s

#183 Post by steve_s »

Pupflux 5.1.1 is here.

James C

#184 Post by James C »

steve_s wrote:Pupflux 5.1.1 is here.
Grabbed it and posting from it now........live pfix=ram.Just from a brief live run so far everything looks good. I'll run it a while and report back.Great so far though. :)

steve_s

#185 Post by steve_s »

James C wrote:
steve_s wrote:Pupflux 5.1.1 is here.
Grabbed it and posting from it now........live pfix=ram.Just from a brief live run so far everything looks good. I'll run it a while and report back.Great so far though. :)
Sweet! Great, James, and get that other thread goin' by postin' on there once you have more of an opinion on it...thanks!

mrreality13

#186 Post by mrreality13 »

Hi All
i was tryin to get pupflux lite the one based on 4.0 dingo but none of the links in the thread seem to work.Does any one have a current working link they can share please?
Thanx in advance

grimoire

#187 Post by grimoire »

I have an fbpager here, this is very useful for some wm and panels like fluxbox, pekwm, bmpanel2, and tint2 panel. Ask me if you want a pet. :)

steve_s

#188 Post by steve_s »

mrreality13 wrote:Hi All
i was tryin to get pupflux lite the one based on 4.0 dingo but none of the links in the thread seem to work.Does any one have a current working link they can share please?
Thanx in advance
This one here. 8)

steve_s

#189 Post by steve_s »

grimoire wrote:I have an fbpager here, this is very useful for some wm and panels like fluxbox, pekwm, bmpanel2, and tint2 panel. Ask me if you want a pet. :)
Great grimoire! Would you please post a link with explanation and post your pet? I'm not sure about what fbpager is, but it looks like it may be helpful...

mrreality13

#190 Post by mrreality13 »

steve_s wrote:
mrreality13 wrote:Hi All
Thanx in advance
This one here. 8)
thanx bud musta missed that 1

fortehlulz

#191 Post by fortehlulz »

Hey guys, I was messing around with this new remake of puppy, and im totally diggin it, but, and its a small but so dont get mad at me, I was wondering if there were any tweaks to make it boot faster.

I installed start up manager, installed all the missing dependencies, but i STILL cant get it to run. Figured there'd be a few tools there to play with.

So, if you guys could suggest anything, I'd be greatful.

steve_s

#192 Post by steve_s »

fortehlulz wrote:Hey guys, I was messing around with this new remake of puppy, and im totally diggin it, but, and its a small but so dont get mad at me, I was wondering if there were any tweaks to make it boot faster.

I installed start up manager, installed all the missing dependencies, but i STILL cant get it to run. Figured there'd be a few tools there to play with.

So, if you guys could suggest anything, I'd be greatful.
Haven't run Start Up Manager before, but most things I would run from terminal by typing in the command and, if it didn't run, then it usually tells you why, missing library, etc.