Wine 1.1.30 + winetricks +color setter +goodies ...pet & sfs

Virtual machines, emulation, etc.
technosaurus

#151 Post by technosaurus »

It should work now. gFTP cuts off the filename so I accidentally uploaded the source tarball instead of the pet.
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

vovchik

#152 Post by vovchik »

Dear technosaurus,

THe link now works. Thanks. Your version works in 3.xx and 4.xx nicely.

WIth kind regards,
vovchik

mikeb

#153 Post by mikeb »

Thanks technosaurus....working nicely in 2.12 with updated glibc.

There is a problem that flash player is not working in wine gecko :roll:
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16895

Anyone managed to transplant the old version that did?

mike

panzerpuppy

#154 Post by panzerpuppy »

Wine 1.1.29 has arrived !

- Wine 1.1.29 brings improved Gecko integration by using Wine's network layers
- use of libmpg123 for MP3 decoding
- support for JPEG and PNG formats in WindowsCodecs
- many regression test fixes for Win64 and Windows 7.
- a variety of bug-fixes (as usual)

WINE 1.1.28 was etremely buggy. This one solves most of the issues.

SilverPuppy

Pet it?

#155 Post by SilverPuppy »

Anybody care to make a .PET of 1.1.29?

MU

#156 Post by MU »

http://dotpups.de/puppy4/dotpups/Emulat ... 9-i486.pet
Compiled in Puppy 4.3beta3.

This is packaged "as is", without anything in addition.
So you might like to install first one of the older pets, and then this one afterwards, overwriting older files.

Some months ago I had uploaded a version of 1.1.14 with memory patches for games like Bioshock.
The relevant "pthread.c" no longer is included, so it seems, that the memory management has undergone some heavy changes.
Bioshock now seems to run, it still crashes from time to time, but less predictable than before (entering the underwater city).
Together with the Catalyst 9.9 drivers I also can use now my Ati card to play Bioshock.
Before, it was completely black, so just worked with a Nvidia card.
Bioshock is extreme concerning grafics, so this is a great indicator, that now many games might run with modern Ati-cards.
There are still errors, e.g. waterfalls are green, not transparent, but they made a very huge step forward, and the game is playable now.

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

walter90

#157 Post by walter90 »

I was new to puppy and I installed wine 1.1.28 without doing anything in the terminal. Is there a way to rectify that now?

panzerpuppy

#158 Post by panzerpuppy »

MU: You're way too slow with your .PET releases :) There's a new,much better version of WINE:

Wine 1.1.30 Released ! (September 25, 2009)

What's new in this release:
---------------------------------
Support for OpenAL (tasty!)
Many improvements in HTML and JavaScript support
Many common controls fixes and improvements
More Direct3D 10 work
Better MAPI support
Tons of bug fixes

Here's just a tiny sample of the general (non app-specific) bugs fixed in this release:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

* Unable to right click on windows apps
* Test Audio button hangs winecfg
* Tray icons won't appear
* Horrible performance when opening large text files
* Offscreen render targets are off by one
* Wine does not report Pixel Shader 3.0 properly to games
* Fonts in games are displayed incorrectly
* Microsoft .NET Framework fails to install (crash)
* Really long lines fail to import into registry
* Program window shuts down on pressing "Esc" 
* Redraw problems
* 'wine uninstaller' crashes on launch (appinstall)
* Joystick's POV doesn't work
* Screen does not get updated in some cases
* Path Problems with SaveDialog
* Wine applications can't set a gamma value
This is a recommended upgrade.

satishbhawra37

#159 Post by satishbhawra37 »

This one is a little bigger than previous lite versions since it was compiled against more libraries. You DO NOT need to install all of the dependencies unless your specific program requires that specific library.

d

Gedrean

#160 Post by Gedrean »

Would it be possible to get an SFS of the 1128 at least, if not a newer version? Is there a tool to convert a pet to an SFS, since that would be awesome -- I have enough problems with my save files ending up corrupted after a month, and an SFS would let me uninstall and install new versions with a much easier path... so I wouldn't need PET installs uninstalls etc...

SilverPuppy

Oh Technosaurus..........

#161 Post by SilverPuppy »

Care to work your magic and make a "proper" .PET of 1.1.30? It sounds like that is the version to have at this point, and it'd be really nice to have your magic applied to it.

Interestingly, I think that some of the bugs it fixes were introduced between 1.1.17 and 1.1.29, since some of the functionality (like right click) that .30 fixed I seem to remember working in .17, but maybe I'm just misremembering. I do know that .17 would play Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun MUCH faster than Windoze, although the internet play didn't work. It would act like it was going to, then fail at the last second. I'll have to try it again and see if it works now.

EDIT: satishbhawra37 sounded like s/he was stating that another .PET was available, but I see no link. ???

technosaurus

#162 Post by technosaurus »

I am currently working heavily in developing the 4.4 CE and am thus doing everything in 4.3. I can make pets pretty easily that would probably work for earlier versions, but the sfs will not be compatible due to the newer squashfs. I think there is a conversion tool though.

When the final CE is released I am hoping to have a separate release that has a good collection of the most popular sfs packages including wine, open office and alternate web browsers and window managers.

There a few things that I would like to accomplish before building the next wine release - upgrading gcc to version 4.3.4 or 4.4.1 is the biggest one as it will allow for a smaller and faster compiles (I have been studying lots of optimization techniques). The other big one is to collect all of the important registry entries that improve performance (font antialiasing, video performance etc...) - Does anyone have these registry entries collected already? Aside from that it is about time to update the dependencies to the latest stable versions and updating winetools as always.

When I build the sfs I run the wine configure script and include my pre configured settings so that it doesn't all end up in your pupsave files unless you make changes. This is to benefit the users with limited resources but I am curious to know if it has caused any issues.

Thanks for your patience,
Brad
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

SilverPuppy

Sigh......

#163 Post by SilverPuppy »

Well, then, I guess we'll just have to limp along on as-is .PETs until Techno has time for his hocus-pocus. :cry:

When is the next stable release coming out?

Side note: can anybody read the words next to Bogart (in my Avatar) or is it too small?

tlchost

Portable apps

#164 Post by tlchost »

In previous versions of the wine .pet/.sfs it was possible to simply click on a portableapps .exe file and it would run. The current version seems to be missing that function and detecting portable apps and mounting it at startup.

What file(s) should I copy from an older version to have the above with the current version?

Thanks

Thom

technosaurus

#165 Post by technosaurus »

/root/Startup contains the startup script for portable apps - or there is a tarball earlier in the thread that has everything, including extra dependencies and winetools etc... just untar it to / (tar -xzf tarball.tar.gz or tar) or just untar it somewhere els and move it to /

Poll to JACK users - I have been compiling against JACK - would JACK2 be better or is JACK working well for you?

SilverPuppy

Jack be nimble, jack be quick.....

#166 Post by SilverPuppy »

Well, I for one have never had a problem with things compiled against Jack, but who knows, maybe Jill would be better. :wink:

Seriously, Jack has always worked fine for everything I've used it with.

Gedrean

#167 Post by Gedrean »

technosaurus wrote:I am currently working heavily in developing the 4.4 CE and am thus doing everything in 4.3. I can make pets pretty easily that would probably work for earlier versions, but the sfs will not be compatible due to the newer squashfs. I think there is a conversion tool though.
Well Brad I've tried the conversion tool for the .24 release and it seemed okay, it opened up and all the files in it seemed clean and Puppy said it was happy (I'm running 4.3) but I haven't yet restarted with it to have it mount at startup...
Since there's a conversion tool a SFS for 4.3 could be awesome, since we CAN download the SFS convert tool for those of us on 4.2...

But if it can't be done that's cool, a PET for 30 would be just as appreciated since it'd at least allow Wine to work -- 24's SFS may work just fine but I haven't been able to test, and some of these "fixes" might fix some of the oddities with Wine I've seen for a while (some apps won't even show menus for me, or the menus open in different locations on screen).

I really just need it because I have to use ImgBurn (because the burning software on Puppy doesn't do UDF correctly supposedly... linux UDF is funny like that)

vovchik

#168 Post by vovchik »

Dear technosaurus,

Jack - the normal version - is just fine for me....

With kind regards,
vovchik

PS. Does this mine a new compile is in the works? :)

Gedrean

#169 Post by Gedrean »

Oh, and, uhh, I've never figured out wth Jack is so whatever is good. :) Seriously, if it works it works, and so far Tech's builds up to now have been great and worked perfectly.

Yay Technosaur, trusted puppydev. :)

technosaurus

#170 Post by technosaurus »

Hey, "I don't know jack" either - that's why I asked.