fstab on Potchan - HD partition

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
potchan
Location: Pilots' Height Tel Aviv - Yaffo, Israel לינוקס_פותחן

The need for swaps is because ...

#16 Post by potchan »

Hi amigo,

Potchan is planned for three stages an 'innocent user' does in order to use PC "on and off" level, with no 'configuration' in the middle (see on unfinished website). Linux as it should be in my user-POV.

On the way I try to relate to caches and peaks. For example I put /root/.opera as a file on external FS, that way my 165M mail doesn't influence my pup_save.2fs. With Firefox it's even tougher because it can earn up to 50M on cache easily on regular use. Not to talk about /root/.pburn if you want to copy a full DVD to another. Virtual machines? - wwwoooooffffssss!!!! ... see my point ?

Ah. and I don't know what limpware my imaginary-user is with. No, I do not want to ask him/her or confront it (lack of means to support? maybe)... users, they're so poor and molested for years now. Let a user open a computer as a TV. Manufacturers will not save us on that point, as they're interesants and fixated to where $ comes from. Need a proof ? here: PC's organs haven't changed basically for two decades now.

After awhile probably I get the right measure. Potchan tries to be around 3G potchan.folder on /mnt/home (all already mounted there as U know) + 7M bootdisk.

Cheers, and keep in touch :D .
Attachments
Potchan2amigo1.jpg
(143.68 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Timmo', the potchan (=opener) team at - [url]http://potchan.org[/url]. Taste it, love it, code in it.

potchan
Location: Pilots' Height Tel Aviv - Yaffo, Israel לינוקס_פותחן

Video test

#17 Post by potchan »

This is a screenshot of my conky after two hours of two video tabs working. The swap was reduced by me to one file of 512M. Other scripts R placed as U showed me. During a similar test at night it was stucked.

It demos a situation I watch movie on the net, or a video conversation, and in the meantime zip to the other tab for news as I hear somethin' interesting (some countries split their life between normalities and elses ...). Why can't it be like zipzapping a TV ?

Enjoy.
Attachments
potchan2amigo-2.jpg
(131.97 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Timmo', the potchan (=opener) team at - [url]http://potchan.org[/url]. Taste it, love it, code in it.