dhcpcd-6.11.3 dropwait and patched pet packages

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
rerwin

dhcpcd-6.11.3 dropwait and patched pet packages

#1 Post by rerwin »

I have compiled the dropwait variant of dhcpcd based on the latest released version (as of 8/31/16). I also built a "patched" version of the original that merely extends a wait period by 4 seconds (because I have seen a case where that was needed). They are tested on 32-bit tahrpup and xenial pup and tahrpup64.

Note to slacko users: The attached packages ensure that the dhcpcd file in /usr/sbin is used, by removing slacko's dhcpcd from /sbin. If that is unacceptable, I provide packages tailored for slacko that keep dhcpcd in /sbin.

The source tarballs, "patched" pets and special slacko pets are at:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/82u3h7 ... pcd-6.11.3

I built these packages because tahrpup's 6.7.1 release is now over a year and a half old. Many changes have been made to dhcpcd, so it seems reasonable to get up to date.

EDIT:
To avoid the need for a separate "gz" version of each package, I have re-uploaded them with gz compression, to make them installable in puppies that do not handle xz-compressed pets. However, the packages in the mediafire directory remain with xz compression.
Attachments
dhcpcd-6.11.3-dropwait-x86_64.pet
Waits 3 seconds for lost signal in case it resumes, before dropping the connection.
(134.01 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
dhcpcd-6.11.3-dropwait-i686.pet
Waits 3 seconds for lost signal in case it resumes, before dropping the connection.
(132.42 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Last edited by rerwin on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

8) Awesome Richard! That my frugal 605 frequently drops out, I'll keep you posted..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

slavvo67

#3 Post by slavvo67 »

I'm getting a failed to install in Quirky. Don't know why.

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Richards comments don't include Quirky. Go figure..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

rerwin

#5 Post by rerwin »

I used xz compression to build the packages. Tahr. Xenial and slacko handle that. Maybe quirky does not have a "petget" that accepts the xz compression. I intend the packages for the newer puppies, but did not consider quirky or the "dogs".

If the above packages fail to install, please try the packages attached here. They are compressed the usual way, with gz compression.

Semme, I doubt the new version will make any difference, because it uses the same "dropwait" logic as version 6.7.1 in tahrpup 6.0.5. But maybe some of the developer's changes can help.

EDIT:
I have re-uploaded (after download numbers 2 & 5) the above packages after converting them to the normal, gz, compression. So, I have also removed the special versions that I attached here.