Can't see shutdown options; video goes squirly

Booting, installing, newbie
degarb

Can't see shutdown options; video goes squirly

#1 Post by degarb »

I ran retro puppy from a cd, on shut down the video goes squirrelly so I cannot see options. Can someone tell me what up down enter key I need to shut down with less than 30 meg of space for settings?

Then on reboot she hangs like file only partly written, what file should I delete with 98?

Finally, it saw my belkin card, but not shared documents or wouldn't surf. I am guess I need to set up a dns server as I was forced to do in vector. How?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

It might help if you told us how much RAM you have, the size of the hard disk drive and how it is configured (for instance, does it have a swap partition?)

degarb

#3 Post by degarb »

laptop with 512 ram and at least 1 ghz. Live cd obviously no swap. The shut down video driver fails. As stated I using versa for running it. Obviously, if i cannot see the screen and prematurely shut off the user info got corrupted, and obviously next puppy launch will not work.

So, I need a way to shut off blindly and way to erase the user files that are corrupt using windows. A patch or setting to avoid blind shut down would be good.