Can I access my Windows files in Puppy? (Yes!)

Booting, installing, newbie
Ian
Official Dog Handler

#16 Post by Ian »

Sage, I'm trying to save space by abbreviating words.
:-)

Sage

#17 Post by Sage »

OK! As for other fora, I had in mind the excellent Guides produced by OCW. PCChipsLottery has something similar, but there are others, many others. Wikis are fine but it's better to place specific guides alonside the sites that are used by correspondents. As for Guide writers, I'd happily volunteer, but have zero knowledge in Linux - which should be obvious! If you need an editor, I'll help (forty years professional experience!).
Saving space? There's an huge gap in the panel under some textual contributions which could be removed by a small html rewrite?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#18 Post by Flash »

Sage wrote:OK! As for other fora, I had in mind the excellent Guides produced by OCW. PCChipsLottery has something similar, but there are others, many others.
Names! We need names! Who, or what, is OCW? And URLs! If you know the URLs to these sites, why not put them in your post? The few seconds it would take you might save the rest of us aggregate man-hours of Googling for them. :)
Wikis are fine but it's better to place specific guides alonside the sites that are used by correspondents.
Again, a picture, or in this case a URL, is worth a thousand words.
As for Guide writers, I'd happily volunteer, but have zero knowledge in Linux - which should be obvious! If you need an editor, I'll help (forty years professional experience!).
Stick around.
Saving space? There's an huge gap in the panel under some textual contributions which could be removed by a small html rewrite?
I have no idea what you mean. Could you give a URL to a specific example?

RedPlanet

#19 Post by RedPlanet »

Thanks so much for the help Pizzasgood. I'll definitely try it this weekend (and let you know if I could get it to work or not).

RedPlanet

#20 Post by RedPlanet »

Thanks very much for the help, Pizzasgood. It worked and I was able to transfer my files to an external hard drive. Thanks again!

Pizzasgood

#21 Post by Pizzasgood »

No problem :)
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]