mtools-4.0.18-w5.pet

Miscellaneous tools
watchdog

mtools-4.0.18-w5.pet

#1 Post by watchdog »

Unetbootin needs mtools and p7zip. You can install in wary p7zip from common repository by PPM. I have compiled in wary the attached mtools. Install it. Download from:

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetb ... nux-latest

the latest unetbootin and copy it in /usr/bin. Give it execute permissions and rename it just "unetbootin". Having installed p7zip and mtools launch unetbootin in terminal typing:

Code: Select all

unetbootin installtype=USB targetdrive=/dev/sdxy
Attachments
mtools-4.0.18-w5.pet
Needed by unetbootin
(153.46 KiB) Downloaded 1274 times

davec51

Can't Use Unetbootin--Solved!

#2 Post by davec51 »

I installed Unetbootin as directed. The window comes up, but the program won't pick up my USB. The message suggests I format the drive to fat32, but that's already the case. Is this a problem of mtools?
Thanks. The solution works perfectly.
Last edited by davec51 on Wed 08 Jan 2014, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

watchdog

Re: Can't Use Unetbootin

#3 Post by watchdog »

davec51 wrote:I installed Unetbootin as directed. The window comes up, but the program won't pick up my USB. The message suggests I format the drive to fat32, but that's already the case. Is this a problem of mtools?
Have you taken the suggestion to launch unetbootin in terminal telling to it the target drive?

Code: Select all

unetbootin installtype=USB targetdrive=/dev/sdb1
I assume the usb stick is sdb1. User SFR found that unetbootin works without passing the target drive in slacko 5.3.3 because that puppy handles drives by uuid. Other puppies can't handle drives by uuid by default so you have to tell to unetbootin what drive to use as in the above command line.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71455

davec51

Problem Solved

#4 Post by davec51 »

I have marked the problem as solved. Thanks, Watchdog!