Broadcom Drivers and Asus WL-103b

Inpursernator

Broadcom Drivers and Asus WL-103b

#1 Post by Inpursernator »

I have been trawling the fourms now for sometime but I have finally decided to cry for help.

Ok, Im running the latest Puppy Linux, 4.01 and it's absolutly great. Puppy Linux is super quick on the laptop where as Windows XP is very slow.

System Specs.
Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 (minus built in Wlan)
650mhz
256mb
10gb HDD
Asus Wlan card 802.11b WL-103b

Now Puppy suggests the use of Broadcom bcxx43 to run the card and I have had this confirmed from other websites that this is the correct driver.

I'm trying to connect to a Billion Router to access the internet. I take the following steps in order to try and get it working.

I use the network connection wizard and go through the order to try and get it working. I use the DNS to autoset the ip address (along the lines 169.xxx.xxx.x which already sounds wrong). All appears to go well, I don't recieve any error messages. Puppy is convinced that it's connected, but perhaps not connected to the router. The Wireless card becomes active but the router's wireless light never flickers.

No matter what settings I used (originally had wep enabled with a hidden ssid) but even when I turn everything off it still refuses to work.

Puppy's great but the internet is better.

Any suggestions on how I can get this work.

(If your unsure of anything that I have said or need more clarification please post and I will reply asap.)

Edit: whoops, this should have been posted in wireless.