Dell Inspiron B120 Dell Broadcom 1370 Wifi Card Puppy 4.1

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
tlcstat

Dell Inspiron B120 Dell Broadcom 1370 Wifi Card Puppy 4.1

#1 Post by tlcstat »

Greetings, I tried a version a year ago and had to admit that it was small and fast but it had too many downsides. For one thing the wifi was a bear. And the apps were to weak. Also the Grub boot loader was a pain and even killed my Windows MBR on one occasion.
Now a year later after trying ubuntu and a few others I decided to try Puppy again. Well, you guys have been busy. With the 4.1 version, the included wifi drivers work perfectly. I install the package to a 4 gig usb drive and didn't need a grub loader. I installed OpenOffice.org 3.0 with Java and it load perfectly. The internet and every thing else is the best. I like this so much that I think I will just stick with it. O yes, the OpenOffice.org opens all the saved docs and spreadsheets on my NT partition. I also love how it puts all my drives neatly at the bottom of the screen. I don't really care if it is small, since space is cheap nowadays. I just need some good apps and wifi. In this regard Puppy has come a long way.
This is just a update that I hope will encourage a previous user to give it another try.
Thanks
tlcstat