Puppy How-To Flash Videos

News, happenings
Nathan F

#16 Post by Nathan F »

Rhino-

I really like what you've done with this so far. So much so that I've made an unleashed package out of Wink for the Grafpup repository. I may follow your lead and start putting some flash tutorials up online when time permits.

Thanks for starting this. I'd like to see these pages you put up prominently linked from all the various Puppy sites as they are a great resource for beginners.

Nathan

Rhino

#17 Post by Rhino »

You'll be glad to know that a couple of the videos were made using GrafPup. Grafpup is excellent... I would love to see some tutorials on using the Gimp ;-)

Nathan F

#18 Post by Nathan F »

You may get your wish sometime. I think this would be a good way to add documentation to the Grafpup website.

Nathan

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#19 Post by Flash »

Holy Moly, that's the stuff! A link to the Flash tutorials definitely belongs at the top of the Beginners sticky index, or should it go in Lobster's sticky 'New Pups' post?

Rhino

#20 Post by Rhino »

Would someone who is bit more of a technical person than I look over the video I made for connecting to a wireless network. It is a rather convoluted process and I cannot match every puppy users circumstances. Let me know if I am at least factually correct or if I left out anything really important.

Thanks in advance! :) [/url]

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#21 Post by Lobster »

Flash wrote:Holy Moly, that's the stuff! A link to the Flash tutorials definitely belongs at the top of the Beginners sticky index, or should it go in Lobster's sticky 'New Pups' post?
Both
It is in mine . . . :)
Last edited by Lobster on Mon 21 Nov 2005, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Rhino

#22 Post by Rhino »

I've made some updates to the video files, please check them out and let me know if there are any factual errors. All in all, I'm finding it easier to make the videos and now I need to go back and improve some of those already posted.

I think also, I will shrink the font a bit, so it renders better on smaller screens.

Thanks to all who have provided suggestions and links from other web sites.

Xolo

Just one suggestion

#23 Post by Xolo »

Make many more tutorials like this. These are GREAT!! And simple to follow.

What is the software you are using to make these? I could try it out and send you any tutorials I come up with.

Perhaps using a standard version of Puppy so that the interface looks the same for all new users (including the desktop wallpaper).

Any text that someone needs to type, should be added somewhere in a text editor so that it's easy to copy/paste the required text.

Also if you could let me know what your settings are in Wink, I could make mine match yours.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#24 Post by Lobster »

Rhino used Wink which creates flash files

Gposil compiled Drec which is similar but records
in various movie formats

These are done by recording the screen with a small handcam
Up to date but poor quality
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/TutorialYouTube

Look forward to any vids you do :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D