How do you make Mplayer use one instance? (Solved)

Using applications, configuring, problems
Pizzasgood

How do you make Mplayer use one instance? (Solved)

#1 Post by Pizzasgood »

With Gxine, when you run another song, it realizes that it is already running and switches the one that's going instead of running another instance. I think xmms does that too. However, Mplayer doesn't. Is there any way to make it? A generic "make anything run one instance" method would be just as nice as an Mplayer-only method.
Last edited by Pizzasgood on Sat 12 Nov 2005, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

not sure
a simple workaround might be to killall mplayer first

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Do you mean you want Gxine to finish playing the track it was playing before it starts playing the track you just clicked?

Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

I mean that if I'm listening to "BadReputation.mp3" and I click on "SomethingLikeThat.mp3," Gxine will just switch and play that immediately. However, if I have the runaction set to Mplayer, it starts another instance and plays at the same time.
a simple workaround might be to killall mplayer first
I guess I'll use that for now. Good thing it starts so fast :) That's the reason I'm using it over Gxine. It takes several seconds less to get going. I guess I could go back to xmms, but I need to keep Mplayer around anyway, so I figured it would be easier to just use it.

EDIT: Yep, that works pretty well. I couldn't change the mplayer/gmplayer script (or it would kill itself) so I had to make an mplayerSING/gmplayerSING script. Rox 2.3 wouldn't let me set the run-action for all audiofiles for some reason, so I did it manually. The end result works pretty nicely though. Thanks G2.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]