Spyware spat makes small print a big issue

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else

Spyware spat makes small print a big issue

#1 Post by Guest »

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5944 ... ag=nl.e589
A maker of surveillance software is using a product download agreement to attempt to bar detection by anti-spyware tools

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

If you ask me, the spyware detector should be able to detect it all it wants and not be at fault. They didn't sign the agreement. If the user who installed it and clicked "I agree to the terms and conditions..." made detector, that could be against it.

That's like saying "I just made a poison do kill ants. You can't research it if you buy it."
Then, when someone is poisoned and sent to the doctor (who never bought it), the doctor get's sued.

I'd say there are a lot of idiots nowadays, but I suppose there always have been this many, I just never heard about them before. But between being older and living in a more communication-enabled place (as opposed to being 12 years old the farm with four tv chanels), it just seems like 80% of the world has lost its common sense. It's like, "Hey, I'm going to jump out of a building, then sue the owners, previous owners, construction workers, and the guy who made the bricks. And the judge too, just for good measure." :roll:

Coffee is hot, drugs kill, carbs are good for you, spyware will be detected by spyware detectors, Windows break, camo is NOT gang related, video games need more mental activity than watching tv, and a kid who gets rowdy when stuck in a desk for eight hours with NO recess DOES NOT have a DISEASE. :evil:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

aahhaaa

#3 Post by aahhaaa »

a kid who gets rowdy when stuck in a desk for eight hours with NO recess DOES NOT have a DISEASE

same holds for adults stuck at a dilbert desk; we have both brains & bodies, both should be exercised- even the ancient Greeks knew that much.

whatever happened to the 21st Century?