pWidgets 2.5.8

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
01micko

#2626 Post by 01micko »

Ok

Here is the fixed Reminder widget updated for new structure of Pwidgets-2.2.1. It won't work in older Pwidgets.

-bugfix.... script failed from Jan 9 to April 10.

I have also added a patch in case you are running older pwidgets. It won't work in latest Pwidgets.

Have fun :)
Attachments
Reminder-0.5.pet
ONLY for latest Pwidgets 2.2.1
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Reminder-patch-0.5.pet
ONLY for older Pwidgets
(717 Bytes) Downloaded 391 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

#2627 Post by zigbert »

Mick wrote:I will investigate further and also start fixing the heavy bling package. May take some time but it will get done.
Very good news for me :D

Sigmund

renatogui

battery eeepc widgets

#2628 Post by renatogui »

Thanks 01micko.

I found the right eeepc pets and now temp&fan are OK in NOP431r1 running in my eeepc701.
Only battery that was a good widget in NOP413r1 is vanished after upgrade to the new NOP.

sinc

#2629 Post by sinc »

i want to add the start/stop button onto my jwm tray can you tell me where i can find that script so I can copy it to the tray? thanks

01micko

#2630 Post by 01micko »

sinc wrote:i want to add the start/stop button onto my jwm tray can you tell me where i can find that script so I can copy it to the tray? thanks
Hi sinc

look in "/usr/local/pwidgets/func -stopstart"

The "stopstart" is a case which you should be able to call from a tray button with something like

Code: Select all

exec /usr/local/pwidgets/func -stopstart &
Hope that helps.

Sigmund.

Is this what's wrong with themes in pwidgets 2.2.1?

#THEME - overwrite color-codes in conky config
	ls -1 $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets > $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-tmp
	while read CONFIG_FILE; do
		OLD="`grep -m 1 color0 $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$CONFIG_FILE | tr -d \n`"
		NEW="`grep -m 1 color0 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/themes/$THEME/main | tr -d \n`"
		[ "$OLD" ] && sed -i -e "s%$OLD%$NEW%g" $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$CONFIG_FILE 
		OLD="`grep -m 1 color1 $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$CONFIG_FILE | tr -d \n`"
		NEW="`grep -m 1 color1 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/themes/$THEME/main | tr -d \n`"
		OLD="`grep -m 1 color2 $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$CONFIG_FILE | tr -d \n`"
		NEW="`grep -m 1 color2 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/themes/$THEME/main | tr -d \n`"
		OLD="`grep -m 1 color3 $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$CONFIG_FILE | tr -d \n`"
		NEW="`grep -m 1 color3 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/themes/$THEME/main | tr -d \n`"
		OLD="`grep -m 1 color5 $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$CONFIG_FILE | tr -d \n`"
		NEW="`grep -m 1 color5 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/themes/$THEME/main | tr -d \n`"
		OLD="`grep -m 1 color6 $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$CONFIG_FILE | tr -d \n`"
		NEW="`grep -m 1 color6 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/themes/$THEME/main | tr -d \n`"
		#check for indiviual themes
[etc]
and then this call from "/usr/local/pwidgets/func -apply"

*)
				cp -u /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET $HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$TREE_WIDGET
				echo "conky -a $POS_CONKY -x $OFFSET_X -y $OFFSET_Y --config=$HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/$TREE_WIDGET &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec_conky
It seems to me that the temporary config in "$HOME/.pwidgets/widgets/" is changed but then overwritten by "apply". They are obviously only conky configs in that dir that is why clock changes are working. Perhaps change the code to change the stored configs in "/usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/configs/"? Your decision but at least (I think) I found the themes bug.

Cheers

Mick

EDIT: It occurs to me too, that if this method did work there would still be a bug. If you added a new widget it would have the "DeepThought" theme (or it's default if it is "Ram" or "Horoscope" :wink: ) no matter what theme your exixting widgets have.

ANOTHER EDIT: The theming does work using your method as long as you don't use "Apply" in the main gui. But, the clock doesn't show. That's why I clicked "Apply" to see if the clock would come back... it did.. with the chosen theme but the conky dependent widgets came back with the default theme.

Cheers

zigbert

#2631 Post by zigbert »

Mick wrote:Perhaps change the code to change the stored configs in "/usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/configs/"?
In a multiuser system, the user doesn't have write access to /usr/local. I will look at it, but I have ran out of time..... It is added to the todo-list, so it won't be forgotten.

Thank you
Sigmund

01micko

#2632 Post by 01micko »

In a multiuser system, the user doesn't have write access to /usr/local.
Of course! ( :oops: ). Perhaps just find out why the clock fails to show up. I'll keep digging..

I suppose that a user can always reset the theme if they add a widget and it is a different theme.

Cheers

Sigmund

EDIT:: two of these :oops: and :oops: . One for you and one for me.. the fix is too easy.

in "/root/.xonclockrc" it is

# path to clock skin 
skin =/root/.pwidgets/misc/Clock-analog.png
Should be Clock_analog.png .. underscore_____ not dash ----- :lol:

Ah well it's solved now!

Cheers

sinc

#2633 Post by sinc »

micko thank you for your response, i finally got around to trying to add the stop/start option in my jwmrc-tray and I can't get it to work.

i added

<TrayButton popup="Start/Stop Pwidgets" icon="mini-hdisk.xpm">exec:/usr/local/pwidgets/func -stopstart &</TrayButton>
as you suggested but it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I typing something in wrong maybe? Also where would I find the icon that is used in the drop-down menu? ANy other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

01micko

#2634 Post by 01micko »

Sorry sinc.. it's not as simple as that... variables need to be defined that's why it won't work.

It is doable :wink: . "/usr/local/pwidgets/pwidgets" is where the variables are defined. The important ones for you are "#Puppy specific" and "#Set language". Hope this helps.

Of course you will need to make a separate script to call the "stopstart".

Cheers

sinc

#2635 Post by sinc »

thank you sir, i will work on that.

zigbert

#2636 Post by zigbert »

:oops:

:D

joel

#2637 Post by joel »

I am having trouble installing pwidgets 2.21. The regular package works fine, but when I try to install the extras packages it gives me the pink screen of death. I am running 4.21. Any ideas why?

Flash858

#2638 Post by Flash858 »

Thanks for that "too easy" fix Sigmund!

That one was driving me NUTS! LOL...

zigbert

#2639 Post by zigbert »

joel
The extra package is not yet compatible with Pwidgets 2.2.x

Sigmund

ndujoe1

Pwidgets 2.2.1

#2640 Post by ndujoe1 »

I installed Pwidget 2.2.1 in puppy linux 3.01. It works fine, but I would like to have the analog clock on the top layer. How to do so?

joel

#2641 Post by joel »

oh ok. Thanks Zigbert. I just noticed now that it says 2.1.1 for the extras package. The whole time i was reading it as 2.2.1, duh. Thanks again. :idea:

BTW is there an extras package in the works. I like the extra widgets like tv, etc.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

8-bit

#2642 Post by 8-bit »

I am having problems with Pwigets 2.2.1 in Dpup beta 5.
First, when I make changes to calander and save the file, if I go to the Pwigets menu and select Apply, my changes are lost and the calander file reverts to it's original form.
Second, if I try to select a Pwigets sidebar background, It does not happen and I get an error of "Pwigets_background contains no data."
Also, I have to reset the wallpaper each time as it dissapears to a plain background.
I should mention my color depth is 24 and I have dri and the factory NVIDIA driver installed.

01micko

#2643 Post by 01micko »

Hi 8bit

I was the one who hacked the wallpaper setter for suitability for Puppy43x with Pwidgets.

Because the wallpaper setter is included in Pwidgets, it simply overwrites files in 43x. In Dpup it is a different story. "Pwallset" seems to be firm. You can go to /usr/local/apps (in Dpup) and look inside Wallpaper and you will see that Apprun is there, that will run the hacked wallpaper setter for Pwidgets. (I haven't tried this, I just turned off the sidebar in my Dpup, but it might work). If it doesn't work you could disable Pwallset in case there is a conflict.

I don't think your hardware or associated drivers are any concern.

It wouldn't be hard to hack Pwallset to make it Pwidgets compliant... I have read some of your threads so I think you are up to it.. :wink: .

If you do manage a hack let us know :) ,... same if you don't.

I'll let zigbert answer your calendar query.

Cheers

8-bit

#2644 Post by 8-bit »

I investigated my sidebar background problems with Pwigets by opening /usr/local/apps/Wallpaper/AppRun.
I found that the test was looking in /root/.pwigets for files that just were not there.
So I did a modification to the AppRun script to point to /usr/local/pwigets/widgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar.

And low and behold, after making the modification, my desktop background stayed intact and I was able to add any sidebar background I wanted.

The commented lines are original, and my added lines are after.

#add button for sidebar if installed
#if [ -f $HOME/.pwidgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar ];then
if [ -f /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar ];then #added by 8-bit
# SIDEBAR='<button><label>Sidebar</label><input file icon="applications-graphics"></input><action>$HOME/.pwidgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar &</action></button>'
 SIDEBAR='<button><label>Sidebar</label><input file icon="applications-graphics"></input><action>usr/local/pwidgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar &</action></button>'
I hope that helps someone.

dejan555

#2645 Post by dejan555 »

Um, I don't have those lines in wallpaper script in dpup, commented or uncommented. So, where do I exactly add those line, or do I install another wallpaper setter first?

EDIT: I know Mick said it's packaged with pwidgets but aparently not in this package I have (I believe pwidgets 2.5 dev.?)
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]