pWidgets 2.5.8

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
WhoDo

#241 Post by WhoDo »

01micko wrote:I can't figure out why, when on the right, it is a few pixels out for me?
Sorry...I didn't notice ... I was looking at the chic in the red mini-skirt! :P
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

01micko

#242 Post by 01micko »

Yes trio!

Working fine now. The issue was the size of the skin. It must be 140x140 and no smaller or larger, I thought smaller was ok but it is not.. So here is something you can do. And you certainly have the ability. I think the clock supports 155x155 maximum size of widget. While i think a clock this size is too big, zigbert has allowed this. It is the space the clock widget must fit into. I think he recommended 140x140. The skin I had was 116x116. Why don't you see if you can accommodate other sizes? I think it is doable. Say for a range from 100x100 to 150x150. I have many different sized skins but it easy to resize with mtPaint, as you probably know.

Cheers

Mick

Oh yeah, did you write something WhoDo? About chic in red mini? Where? I was busy with the clock!

Oh, do you mean in the slideshow? That's just the wife! (don't flatter her too much, she might read this! :wink: )

Oh, and not bad eyes for an old bloke!

Cheers!
Attachments
yesitworks.jpg
(15.35 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

01micko

#243 Post by 01micko »

trio,

One small issue with the slideshow. If file '01.jpeg' is not the first file in your scaled images dir, the show will only loop back to '01.jpg'.

Say, for example, we have '001img.jpg' in the directory, it will be overlooked on the first loop and thereafter. As you may know, many digital cameras start their default file labeling with '00xxxwhatever.jpg'. The simple fix is to refer to a different name instead of '01.jpg'. Let's say make it '00001.jpg' and hope no manufacturer decides their default labeling starts with 4 'zeros'!

I am about to try your first .pet! Congratulations on creating it, you may hear more!

Mick

trio

#244 Post by trio »

Hi Micko,

1. Yup, the size of skin is the problem, just as I suspected.
2. It is doable to accomodate range of skin sizes, but it will be an "if - then - else" arguments too many...trust me.....
3. Check out my newest invention on forum's page 16..please report if there's any bug

Thanks mate........

01micko

#245 Post by 01micko »

trio
Just a guess, maybe the widescreen issue?

Mick
Attachments
weatherbg.jpg
(18.24 KiB) Downloaded 753 times

01micko

#246 Post by 01micko »

G'day again trio,

And just one click makes my clock go left

Great work all the same, just not quite ready for the lowest common denominator!

Cheers mate!

trio

#247 Post by trio »

Micko,

That's why I said the clock appearing problem solver is still an open issue, but nevertheless we already have 2 choices...maybe someone can add another

As for the weather background...sorry, I mess around with the wheather config (size of weather.ttf and other font).... :lol: ..to fit nicely for my own desktop.....
can you please tell me the standard size of them in pwidgets.04 ? I have to update the pet

Thanks man.......

01micko

#248 Post by 01micko »

trio

I think all widgets are 155 wide, height varys. That is from my memory, I'll check later

Mick

trio

#249 Post by trio »

Just updated the weather background pet...
Attachments
weatherbg.pet
(3.95 KiB) Downloaded 363 times

01micko

#250 Post by 01micko »

I tried to install but I got error message. The name of the .pet must be the same as the petted directory, identical.

(later) ok, you realised!!!!!

trio

#251 Post by trio »

The widgets tree with the updated weatherbg.pet
Attachments
weatherbg_bigger.jpg
(14.96 KiB) Downloaded 751 times

trio

#252 Post by trio »

warning, Sorry guys, you have to set your location code again to your local, with the updated weatherbg.pet, I replaced the weather config file...just thought that it will make the weather widget more aligned to others.....

WhoDo

#253 Post by WhoDo »

01micko wrote:Oh yeah, did you write something WhoDo? About chic in red mini? Where? I was busy with the clock!

Oh, do you mean in the slideshow? That's just the wife! (don't flatter her too much, she might read this! :wink: )

Oh, and not bad eyes for an old bloke!
A word from a wise old owl who's been happily married for nearly 32 years ... don't let her catch you saying "that's JUST the wife!" It should come out more like "that's my gorgeous, young, magnificent wife and keep your eyes to yourself mate!" A little mock jealousy is very flattering to a lady, you know. :P

As for my old eyesight, well, your lovely, young wife's pins are in way better shape than my poor, tired old peepers! :wink: You're a lucky man, micko, and judging by the number of pics of your partner in your slideshow, you know that only too well! 8) Good for you, mate!
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

01micko

#254 Post by 01micko »

Yeah WhoDo thanks for the tip! I know it. and she's pretty good! And good about it! I did say it a bit tongue in cheek :wink:

Cheers

01micko

#255 Post by 01micko »

trio,

I am going to pet up the clockfix with xevent, including slideshow mod. Deadline for WhoDo is 26th January. I'll do it before then so he can look at it. The other fix is good and I think with a little refinement will be the replacement for xevent, but without zigbert's approval I am reluctant to add another app. I'm sure you understand. We have to err on the side of caution, I will include a readme explaining what is happenning to the users system when installing the pet.

I'm just waiting for some files from jebaJQ-8 to include a new 'puppyweather' font. That way I will have one complete pet for WhoDo and he doesn't need to chase things. He is very busy, and things with pwidgets are a little difficult without the 'teacher' handy to advise.

Your help has been invaluable and you can look forward to seeing your name in the Puppy-4.2-"DeepThought" stable release when it comes out.

Just remember, a developers job is never finished, there is always going to be something else to develop.

Cheers mate

Mick

trio

#256 Post by trio »

Micko

No prob. I am glad to help out. And I started from zero. Imagine! Now I am able to hack other's codes...even make one or two! How wonderful linux is. One input, please rename MONOFONT.TTF to monofont.ttf, some computers, like mine, cannot read the font. Also, I may have a solution of the clock moves to the left when clicked. Will try later...

MU

#257 Post by MU »

concerning the widescreen issue:
scale2png scales pictures in a fixed ratio, because it was made as utility to create thumbnails for websites.
So the width of the preview might change, depending on the aspect ration of the picture.
If you force it to use always "100" as height, the width may vary, it may be 200 or 240, depending on the original.
If you give a width of 200, the height might vary, in the deskicons this had the effect, that parts were not visible in the screenshot widget.
Solution:
use instead "resizepng".
Here you may give arguments, that will be taken exactly.
If you say:
resizepng test.jpg out.png 200 100 80, then the result always will be 200x100 pixel.

It is part of my deskicons, I attach binary+source.
Compiled in Puppy 4.12; to compile a new binay for other systems, simply run "make".
Mark
Attachments
resizepng.tar.gz
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Last edited by MU on Fri 23 Jan 2009, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

01micko

#258 Post by 01micko »

So Mark and trio I am thinking we can easily force the rezise of the clock if somone inadvertently chooses the wrong size? That might be a winner. Is resizepng included in Scale2pics Mark? If so, we already have it because our slide show uses Scale2pics, we have the full thing installed as part of Pwidgets-0.4 package. Anyway if not we have it now!

Trio, does it give you some ideas???? :wink:

Mick

trio

#259 Post by trio »

Micko,

1. The thing that I tried to fix the clock not to move to the left when clicked failed.

2. It is doable to force the size of the clock, but for what? If you use "clickonclock" fix rather then the "movewindow" fix......no need for that..

That's my opinion, you :?:

01micko

#260 Post by 01micko »

trio

The most stable fix for now is the 'clickonclock'. I have always been of the opinion that this is just a workaround and not a fix. You have proven it is posiible to show clock correctly without the click. This, in the end, will be the better solution.

Like I said, "a developers job is never finished"!

What do you think?

Mick