MODIFYING /proc/sys/net/core AND /proc/sys/net/ipv4...

Booting, installing, newbie
Gorilla no baka

#16 Post by Gorilla no baka »

Pizzasgood wrote:
Ok....HOW do i put`em in there?
Navigate to /etc/rc.d. Open the file 'rc.local' as a text file (normally with this file, you can just left click it, but otherwise you can right-click ->File 'NAME' -> Open as text). Add the commands near the bottom using the following format, and then save the file.
echo VALUE > PATH
Where VALUE is the value you wan, such as 524288, and PATH is the path to the file, such as /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default.

Now the next time you boot, those commands should be run.

So if i will download the stuff how do i install it..???
I'm nearly certain that in P be uppy 2.15 you can just download it, and then click on the file, and it should install itself.
Is there any specific command that will allow me to install the packages..???
petget rox_2.6.1_overlay.pet
will there be any conflict version between my old rox and the new one..??
It may reset any file-manager settings you have changed (but I doubt this), and may alter some icon. Otherwise there shouldn't be any issues. It should just overwrite the old one.

If it does change some icons and you want them back, you can mount the Puppy 2.15CE iso, then mount the pup_215.sfs file within, and then copy the original icons over the new ones. Something like this should do it:

Code: Select all

mount -o loop puppy-2.15.iso /mnt/cdrom
mount -o loop /mnt/cdrom/pup_215.sfs /mnt/data
cp /mnt/data/usr/local/apps/ROX-Filer/ROX/MIME/* /usr/local/apps/ROX-Filer/ROX/MIME/
umount /mnt/data
umount /mnt/cdrom
That assumes that you run it in the same location as the 2.15CE iso, that the iso is named puppy-2.15.iso, and that the directories /mnt/cdrom and /mnt/data exist.

I haven't actually tested this code, just for the record.
Pizza`s God :P

Man, the command

Code: Select all

echo VALUE > PATH[code] it worked like a charm.....

it took me a while `till a realised that  ito /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem  i must write the value 3 times...

echo 847249408 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
echo 847249408 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo 847249408 > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default
echo 847249408 > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
echo 847249408 847249408 847249408 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem
echo 847249408 847249408 847249408 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem
echo 847249408 847249408 847249408 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_mem
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rfc1337
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_sack
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fack
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route.flush

I also did the usually stuff in about:config setting the network connection to as many as it will take pipelining ...you know what i mean....

All in all it`s wondefull.... the commands are happily loading themself on each reboot and everything it`s working smoothly...

Well :roll:  Not exactly...I know that the values i put are a little bit high,...( the maximum puppy it would accept)
But  i can allways change`em back now that i know how to...
Good thing is Puppy seems to be awright with it tough sometime tends to lag with this values and the memory usage it`s sky rocketing...But as i said it is  for testing purpuroses only and for learning,...  If  i manage to tame  puppy i will make it my default os and  i will transfer it  on my normal laptop... right now puppy  it`s installed on a test machine,,,,,He must fell quite lonly in there,,, :roll:  :P

Thanks again man.....

PS:ABOUT THE  ROX-FILLER LOOKS LIKE THERE`S NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE NEW VERSION ANYMORE...

I just found the XFE MANAGER AND THE Uxplor one and they do not lock in /proc /sys...

So looks like the problem it`s solved...

Cheers
[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/29zdifo.jpg[/img]
[b]
[color=red]I'M IN MY OWN WORLD[/color].[/b] [color=darkred]IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE..!!![/color]