Upgrade Dngo400 to Dingo410

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
hendrikus

Upgrade Dngo400 to Dingo410

#1 Post by hendrikus »

Great job, MapPup Dingo is a perfect distro for people who just want to have a fast and reliable system. It's perfectly fitting to the minimalism trend google started.

Don't try to be a MAC, Vista, or XP system, go for minimalism and reliability, a Google version would be great, GoPUP maybe :P with smooth integration with google apps.

To solve some problems with modem settings it seems I need to update from MacPup 400 to 410. I search in the forum and googled but can't find the ISO.

Jim1911

#2 Post by Jim1911 »

Go to: ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/. Although you may want to wait a few days because the latest 4.1.1 final should be available which corrects a few bugs.

Be sure to make a backup of your 2fs file before you boot with the new iso because it will automatically update from 4.0 to 4.1 in case there is a problem with the update.

hendrikus

#3 Post by hendrikus »

I'm sorry, it's still not clear for me, I was looking for the MacPup Dingo 410 or 411 version.

Do you mean that I need to make a normal puppy ISO and not a MacPup Dingo411 ISO? If so which download I need choose, unpleased, retro or K2, with or without sea monkey.

Jim1911

#4 Post by Jim1911 »

hendrikus,

I'm the one that should be sorry. I overlooked that you are talking about MacPup and my response only pertained to Dingo. To doublecheck, I used Macpup and created a save file and followed my own advice. It failed to update. You'll have to wait until Macpup is updated or maybe try Macpup Foxy, see: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 4&start=15 or Boxpup see: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=32792

Although, you can just use 4.1 and add EZpup4 with icewm and some other updates and still have a reliable Puppy customized to your preferences. You'll probably want to try the 2.6.25.16 kernal first, and if that doesn't work with your modem try the retro. I don't believe you can get it without Sea Monkey, although you can easily add Firefox, Opera and others that you may prefer.

I'm sorry for my inaccurate previous post.
Jim