NOP 4.1 Released

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Current

#136 Post by Current »

gray,

First congrats for your excellent NOP 4.1

My only annoyance is the fact that terminal starts whenever I boot. I know that was probably caused by me when I tried to make NOP bulletproof (it's for a school) but I don't know how to stop it from happening. X starts and immediately terminal opens in minimized mode in the panel

Any idea? Do you need more info?

Thanks in advance

kpfuser

#137 Post by kpfuser »

gray,

I have been using NOP 4.1.2 for over a year now with reasonable success. I find its speed and simplicity major attraction points. However, one major failure of mine so far is getting PSIP 0.12 to work. To begin with, the configuration file /root/.psip/pjsua.cfg is missing but even after creating it (using a terminal window) and setting parameter values so as to reflect my id, p/w, and other sip provider info, I am unable to get PSIP 0.12 to start properly so as to allow me to make phone calls. During several such failed attempts I noticed that my account data displayed from within PSIP 0.12 via Configure --> Edit Account do not show the correct sip provider p/w entered previously via a terminal window and that correcting it leads to the creation of duplicate lines in the previously created pjsua.cfg file. In addition, this configuration file cannot be accessed from PSIP 0.12 via Configure --> Edit Config File. This sequence produces the message
Opening config file for editing.
After editing you will need to stop and start pjsua
using the phone menu
but no configuration file to edit.

All of this leads me to believe that there is a bug somewhere in the PSIP 0.12 version that accompanies NOP 4.1.2 (and possibly other versions of NOP). Referring the matter to the official PSIP thread in the Puppy Forum was not met with success. Thus I bring the above to your attention hoping for better results.

Thanks for all of your NOP work! It is great despite of such glitches.

cthisbear

#138 Post by cthisbear »

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=48179

It's finally here - NOP 431 available.

Chris.