What to do if Petget doesn't work on local PET files

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
MOUSEY

What to do if Petget doesn't work on local PET files

#1 Post by MOUSEY »

Hi all,

I thought it would be interesting to post this up as I had did a google search and yields no result from the above mentioned installation problem "Binary Operator Expected" from petget.

Syntoms:
You click on a PET file from ROX and there is no response from PetGet after the initial dialog asking if you wish to install the PET file or not

Trace:
1) Open a terminal window and run petget from prompt
2) Choose the install (official or unofficial PET) button
3) Browse to the PET file via the file chooser
4) Click open

Observation:
You should see the said error message appearing on the terminal window stating error at line 971

"binary operator expected"

Fix:
In my case here it was a non compliance path. Because I was using a folder name with spaces in between. Rename it and it should work. :wink:

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Try this:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 919#256919
You can manually fix it, or you can extract the working version and put it in /usr/sbin/ to overwrite the existing one. Or, you can apply the patch like this:

Code: Select all

gunzip petget.diff.gz
patch /usr/sbin/petget petget.diff
(The idea behind a patch is that it should still work if other small changes have been made to the file, as long as they don't interfere with the lines the patch changes. So if other bugfixes have been made, they won't be overwritten like they would if you just replaced the file.)
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

MOUSEY

#3 Post by MOUSEY »

Cool ! Looks like the patch was created even before I started calling "Pizza Is Good !!" :D

Anyway thanks !