wpa_gui??

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
vientito

wpa_gui??

#1 Post by vientito »

I only suggest that since wireless network becomes an essential part of modern day laptops that we would ease users' usage issue by sticking with wpa_gui instead of asking them to modify wpa_supplicant file on their own.

from recent postings i still see struggles among users to connect with their wifi routers.

just look at activation of wireless connection in XP there's no comparison. it is simple and painless. just a few paramters are all the users need to input and the rest are done under the hood.

tempestuous

#2 Post by tempestuous »

Puppy's Network Wizard has included basic WPA support for quite a long time now, maybe as far back as v2.14.

From version 2.17.1 the Network Wizard was updated to include WPA support for Ralink rt61 and rt73 devices, plus WPA2 support.

laptopnewbee

#3 Post by laptopnewbee »

tempestuous wrote: Puppy's Network Wizard has included basic WPA support for quite a long time now, maybe as far back as v2.14.
rarsa was working on wpa support in the network wizard when 2.13 was still in beta, and i had a verson of it that worked fine before 2.14 beta came out. try looking at this for possible help.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=4375

note the version number that i mention in the last post, it was clear that the wizard was intended to be ready for 2.14.
so much to learn, so late a start.