Canon Multifunction PIXMA MP610 (Solved!)

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
gerry

#16 Post by gerry »

Given what you've done already, I don't expect Ted to work either.

You've got a very deep problem, which baffles me. Usually I have trouble with postscript files, ie those produced by Open Office, Abiword, and so on. However, Firefox prints a raster image, and so I think does the Cups test page. These work much more often- they use different software than postscript files do.

Gerry

battleshooter

#17 Post by battleshooter »

Wooohooooo!!!! Yes!!!! Finally got the printer going without TurboPrint :D No more printing in Windows!!! Need a bigger grin here :D

Even though I haven't been posting I've been working on trying to get this printer going for the longest time browsing around and testing, and eventually I got it down to the printer saying it would print and nothing happened. Then I tried Wow's puplet (Exton) which is based on 4.11 and for some reason it printed! Yes! I did want it to work in Pup 3 but at least it's now going in something other than Windows and preferentially in a Puppy derivative.

I'm afraid I never figured completely what the problem was but this is basically what I did for those who are following up this trail:

1.Unrpm Cannon's official packages to / in this order:
cnijfilter-common-2.80-1.i386.rpm
cnijfilter-mp610series-2.80-1.i386.rpm
They can be found here.

2.Fix the missing symlinks by copying and pasting the following:

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/lib/libcnbpcmcm327.so.6.61.1 /usr/lib/libcnbpcmcm327.so
ln -s /usr/lib/libcnbpcnclapi327.so.3.3.0 /usr/lib/libcnbpcnclapi327.so
ln -s /usr/lib/libcnbpcnclui327.so.3.3.0 /usr/lib/libcnbpcnclui327.so
ln -s /usr/lib/libcnbpess327.so.3.0.9 /usr/lib/libcnbpess327.so
ln -s /usr/lib/libcnbpo327.so.1.0.3 /usr/lib/libcnbpo327.so
ln -s /usr/lib/libcnbpcnclbjcmd327.so.3.3.0 /usr/lib/libcnbpcnclbjcmd327.so
3.Then install the printer normally through Cups just taking care to select "USB printer #1 with status readback for canon ij (Canon MP610 series)" when asked what device and you should have one working printer. Yes!!!

Thanks Muggins for all your help!