Chinese Support in Muppy 084 how to get it?<SOLVED>

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
otropogo

Chinese Support in Muppy 084 how to get it?<SOLVED>

#1 Post by otropogo »

@ MU

Mark, now that I'm able to use Muppy, I'm wondering how I can get Chinese Character support for the browsers.

I've tried the method (reported previously) that works in Puppy 4.0, but it didn't do the job in Muppy. None of the browsers could fully display the page at xys.org as Seamonkey can now under Puppy 4.0.

Seamonkey itself seems a bit dumbed down in Muppy. The search tab, which I find quite handy on Puppy's version, seems to be missing, as does the drop down menu that allows one to jump back several pages instead of repeatedly hitting the back arrow.

I like the look and function of Opera, except that it is also seems to lack the search and jump back functions, and has no popup to let you save user logon information fpr automated logons.
Last edited by otropogo on Mon 22 Sep 2008, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

MU

#2 Post by MU »

I will post a chinese update in the localization forum.

In opera, click on the icon right beside the home icon.
That will fill in all fields on webpages, where you chose to remember passwords.

To allow ppups for a page, right-click in the page, then go to the pagespecific settings to allow popups.

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]