Puppy not booting from USB flash...

Booting, installing, newbie
cromabianca

Puppy not booting from USB flash...

#1 Post by cromabianca »

Hye, guis!

I'm trying to install Puppy onto this old Portege 7020ct laptop, but I'm finding it difficult for some reasons.

First I tried to boot from PCMCIA CD-ROM, without success...

Then I tried installing Puppy on a USB Pendrive and tried bootin from there.

I created the floppy, and the installation goes smooth until I chose which media to load from. The freedos recognises the usb pen starts loading from the device but then it stops saying:

Code: Select all

Your autoexec.bat has non writeoptions label
What should I do at that point?

I tried searching the forum but I didn't seem to find any answers... maybe I'm just a little tired. :oops:

Thank you for your answer ;)

otropogo

Re: Puppy not booting from USB flash...

#2 Post by otropogo »

cromabianca wrote:Hye, guis!

I'm trying to install Puppy onto this old Portege 7020ct laptop, but I'm finding it difficult for some reasons.

First I tried to boot from PCMCIA CD-ROM, without success...

The good news - you're not alone in this quest. Please join us at the thread below.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=32458

The bad news - we've been struggling with this issue without success for a couple of months (the thread above is the continuation of an earlier one) . However, our resident guru says we are now sooooooo close!

It's quite possible that your input may bring the breakthrough we need, as we have a shortage of willing testers with hardware like pcmcia_scsi

We've cleaned up the old Wakepup boot floppy, which was badly corrupted, so this may be worth trying. You will find the image file for the new Wakepup2 in the above thread.also.