Muppy 008.4c (final release)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
MU

Re: small white square

#286 Post by MU »

recycler wrote:Hi Mark, Puppy live has been running on a machine here since it was released. Really enjoying the look and responsiveness of it but having a problem that 3 times now (in the last couple of weeks) it will fail to load at the stage of starting up X. Instead of a desktop we have a small white square in the middle of the screen. Turning the computer off and trying again sometimes works.
Can you exit X with CTRL-ALT-Backspace?
Then you could backup the log (before starting X again):
cp -ax /var/log/Xorg.0.log /root/
sync

Then you might attach /root/Xorg.0.log here.
Beside potential errors, it also includes detailed info about your graficscard, that could give me some hints.

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

zgp152

Re: Another white box...

#287 Post by zgp152 »

MU wrote:
zgp152 wrote:With Muppy 0084.s, in low right corner, overlapping the digital clock, there is a white box, 1/3 the height of the digit. It is not a great problem. I added 6 spaces to panel definition. As a result the clock moved left.

The box is loaded after the wallpaper but before the icons.
I wonder whether it is a small error somewhere.

Rgds zgp152
can you attach a screenshot, please?
thanks,
Mark
The low right corner copied for you perusal.
Rgds zgp152
Attachments
square.png
(5.97 KiB) Downloaded 2086 times

MU

#288 Post by MU »

zgp,
that is the window of the autocutselect utility, that adds cut&paste to the desktop.
It requires a "hidden" window.
What desktop environment is running there?
Ususally it should be covered by the taskbar.
Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

zgp152

#289 Post by zgp152 »

MU wrote:zgp,
that is the window of the autocutselect utility, that adds cut&paste to the desktop.
It requires a "hidden" window.
What desktop environment is running there?
Ususally it should be covered by the taskbar.
Mark
I have selected the only option that contains 2 visible panels and one hidden (you know the names, I am not now in Muppy know to check them). The bottom panel was changed to transparent but I think the square has always covered the clock display, with any bar color.
Rgds zgp152

brymway

#290 Post by brymway »

I am having a problem with cups. It configures fine, even prints out a test page perfectly, but when I go and try to print something using Abiword or OpenOffice, the printer is not there. I get the feeling the answer is gonna be simple and I'm gonna feel foolish but alas I can't get it to wor

This is with a MuppyMini frugal install with addons, games, and office extensions. Using an HP 2330 with the HP extensions..
[url]http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html[/url]

MU

#291 Post by MU »

in cups, set the printer as default printer.
Then in Abiword and other programs it is used, if you choose postscript as printer.
Mark

champpain

#292 Post by champpain »

Hi.
I am waiting excitingly for the new muppy 084.d because MU wrote that the new version will also support my Intel Wlan-Module.

When my wlan works, muppy wil move from usb-stick to the hdd of my notebook.
:)

Why i write this?
I just wanted to be informed of new messages in this thread...
sorry...
:)

Bye
muppy linux 083 @
HP NW9440 Notebook on USB-Stick,
PC 466MHz 64MB RAM 40GB HDD (frugal-hdd)
& Compaq Armada 1750 Notebook 333MHz (frugal-hdd)

fuddel

digikam

#293 Post by fuddel »

fuddel wrote:
i want to use digikam within muppy, as i do it with kubuntu. i would prefer muppy in the future. it's a smaller os.

the installation via gslapt went well, but digikam won't start and i will get this message in a xterm:

digikam: error while loading shared libraries: libkdcraw.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If you want try this packages, Its based on slackware 12.0, I didn't compile it because I'm using 4.0.1 at the moment.
If It doesn't work, just uninstall it
ttuuxxx
i installed "libkdcraw.pet" as ttuuxxx suggested

now i got this:

digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol: _ZN11KDcrawIface6KDcraw7versionEv

shr1k

#294 Post by shr1k »

I have an HP laptop with a built in card reader.
I am having a problem mounting my memory card from my camera. When I use wNOP pmount sees and mounts the card, with muppy none of the mounting programs see the card. I am also having some issues with the clock in KDE .

recycler

Re: small white square

#295 Post by recycler »

Can you exit X with CTRL-ALT-Backspace?
Then you could backup the log (before starting X again):
cp -ax /var/log/Xorg.0.log /root/
sync

Then you might attach /root/Xorg.0.log here.
Beside potential errors, it also includes detailed info about your graphics card, that could give me some hints.

Mark
Hi Mark, I don't want to bother you with the contents of my Dell machine's Xorg log.....thanks for the offer but it is obviously a rogue machine and I will use Muppy on other machines :D

Wishing you all the best and many thanks for your contributions to Puppy and the forum.
[i][quote] [/quote]
[/i]Puppy 412 and 430

BobSongs

Where do I get Muppy 008.4?

#296 Post by BobSongs »

Would someone kindly post a link to the latest Muppy release (it is 008.4x, yes?). Much appreciated.

:roll: OK. I haven't gone through the 20 pages (and 296 posts) that make up this thread. But the link in the first post doesn't work. It only leads to Muppy 008.3f-EN Kernel 2.6.21.7. (A fine release... I'm very impressed. I wanted to see if 008.4x would excel this version.)

Honestly: Muppy has really surprised me. And this release is fine. I'm just wondering if any thing cool/exciting/etc. is available in 008.4x. I'll let you all in on my plans!

:wink: I've begun distributing Puppy Linux to hapless Windows XP users whose systems have gotten so flaky they feel like tossing their PCs into the rubbish tip. I give them Puppy Linux as a "temporary solution" until they're ready to have their hard drives wiped and a fresh copy of XP installed.

:? Since their office suites are genrally pirated and they don't have the replacement setup discs, Puppy makes a nice, free alternative. And MUppy has certainly stood out to me.

:D So. I could read all 400 posts in this 20 page thread. But a link to the most recent release would be a relief.

:oops: I'll eventually make my way through all the posts. But I'm kinda hoping to get downloading while I'm reading.

Dingo

Re: Where do I get Muppy 008.4?

#297 Post by Dingo »

BobSongs wrote:Would someone kindly post a link to the latest Muppy release (it is 008.4x, yes?). Much appreciated.
tonight I will upload Muppy-Live-008.4c-EN.iso, meanwhile, you can try to downloading via bittorrent

http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id=fdd6d6d783f73d184ff3bfc4aa70fb3484b3c6b9&f=Muppy-Live-008.4c-EN.iso.torrent link
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

BobSongs

Re: Where do I get Muppy 008.4?

#298 Post by BobSongs »

Dingo wrote:
BobSongs wrote:Would someone kindly post a link to the latest Muppy release (it is 008.4x, yes?). Much appreciated.
tonight I will upload Muppy-Live-008.4c-EN.iso, meanwhile, you can try to downloading via bittorrent

http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id=fdd6d6d783f73d184ff3bfc4aa70fb3484b3c6b9&f=Muppy-Live-008.4c-EN.iso.torrent link
Excellent. Many thanks.

I do appreciate your thoughtfulness. I'll keep an eye on this thread for the link to the ISO (I'll start the torrent going).

:) There were a number of other files (gosh! I'm being greedy, yes?) that the ftp site may have offered. I downloaded a few last night, in particular:

addons_083.sfs
development_083.sfs
e17_083.sfs
games_083.sfs
kde358_083.sfs
lg3d_083.sfs
office_083.sfs

I'm working off this ISO: Muppy-mini-008.3.iso

:?: Does anyone know what's happening to this particular distribution of Puppy Linux? Is it dying due to one man carrying it out far longer than he should? Or due to a lack of funds?

I am definitely curious. Curious because this has become a favorite version. I would not be pleased to hear it died. :roll:

hayagix

#299 Post by hayagix »

BobSongs

#300 Post by BobSongs »

Excellent. Thanks for the head's up.

Dingo

#301 Post by Dingo »

dropbox 2GB free

techtype

#302 Post by techtype »

Dingo wrote:link to downloading Muppy live (about 764 MB)

http://dl2.ftpload.com/ozdppfriyscc/Mup ... .4c-EN.iso

bittorrent link:

http://dl2.ftpload.com/ozdppfriyscc/Mup ... so?torrent
Thanks, but your links do not work??

Dingo

#303 Post by Dingo »

yes, but try again, now link works (I've verified)
dropbox 2GB free

techtype

#304 Post by techtype »

Dingo wrote:yes, but try again, now link works (I've verified)
They most certainly do now, and quite fast besides!!

Nice work!!