Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 22 Dec 2014, 02:33
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Muppy 008.4c (final release)
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 20 of 21 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
MU

PostPosted: Sat 25 Oct 2008, 21:22    Post_subject: Re: small white square
Sub_title: xorg problem?

recycler wrote:
Hi Mark, Puppy live has been running on a machine here since it was released. Really enjoying the look and responsiveness of it but having a problem that 3 times now (in the last couple of weeks) it will fail to load at the stage of starting up X. Instead of a desktop we have a small white square in the middle of the screen. Turning the computer off and trying again sometimes works.

Can you exit X with CTRL-ALT-Backspace?
Then you could backup the log (before starting X again):
cp -ax /var/log/Xorg.0.log /root/
sync

Then you might attach /root/Xorg.0.log here.
Beside potential errors, it also includes detailed info about your graficscard, that could give me some hints.

Mark

zgp152

PostPosted: Sun 26 Oct 2008, 02:03    Post_subject: Re: Another white box...  

MU wrote:
zgp152 wrote:
With Muppy 0084.s, in low right corner, overlapping the digital clock, there is a white box, 1/3 the height of the digit. It is not a great problem. I added 6 spaces to panel definition. As a result the clock moved left.

The box is loaded after the wallpaper but before the icons.
I wonder whether it is a small error somewhere.

Rgds zgp152

can you attach a screenshot, please?
thanks,
Mark

The low right corner copied for you perusal.
Rgds zgp152
square.png
 Description   
 Filesize   5.97 KB
 Viewed   2048 Time(s)

square.png

MU

PostPosted: Sun 26 Oct 2008, 03:25    Post_subject:  

zgp,
that is the window of the autocutselect utility, that adds cut&paste to the desktop.
It requires a "hidden" window.
What desktop environment is running there?
Ususally it should be covered by the taskbar.
Mark

zgp152

PostPosted: Sun 26 Oct 2008, 04:48    Post_subject:  

MU wrote:
zgp,
that is the window of the autocutselect utility, that adds cut&paste to the desktop.
It requires a "hidden" window.
What desktop environment is running there?
Ususally it should be covered by the taskbar.
Mark

I have selected the only option that contains 2 visible panels and one hidden (you know the names, I am not now in Muppy know to check them). The bottom panel was changed to transparent but I think the square has always covered the clock display, with any bar color.
Rgds zgp152
brymway

PostPosted: Mon 27 Oct 2008, 00:45    Post_subject:  

I am having a problem with cups. It configures fine, even prints out a test page perfectly, but when I go and try to print something using Abiword or OpenOffice, the printer is not there. I get the feeling the answer is gonna be simple and I'm gonna feel foolish but alas I can't get it to wor

This is with a MuppyMini frugal install with addons, games, and office extensions. Using an HP 2330 with the HP extensions..

MU

PostPosted: Mon 27 Oct 2008, 02:02    Post_subject:  

in cups, set the printer as default printer.
Then in Abiword and other programs it is used, if you choose postscript as printer.
Mark

champpain

PostPosted: Mon 27 Oct 2008, 07:28    Post_subject:  

Hi.
I am waiting excitingly for the new muppy 084.d because MU wrote that the new version will also support my Intel Wlan-Module.

When my wlan works, muppy wil move from usb-stick to the hdd of my notebook.
Smile

Why i write this?
I just wanted to be informed of new messages in this thread...
sorry...
Smile

Bye

& Compaq Armada 1750 Notebook 333MHz (frugal-hdd)
fuddel

PostPosted: Fri 31 Oct 2008, 14:09    Post_subject: digikam
Sub_title: starting digikam

Quote:

fuddel wrote:
i want to use digikam within muppy, as i do it with kubuntu. i would prefer muppy in the future. it's a smaller os.

the installation via gslapt went well, but digikam won't start and i will get this message in a xterm:

digikam: error while loading shared libraries: libkdcraw.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If you want try this packages, Its based on slackware 12.0, I didn't compile it because I'm using 4.0.1 at the moment.
If It doesn't work, just uninstall it
ttuuxxx

i installed "libkdcraw.pet" as ttuuxxx suggested

now i got this:

digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol: _ZN11KDcrawIface6KDcraw7versionEv
shr1k

PostPosted: Fri 31 Oct 2008, 21:41    Post_subject:  

I have an HP laptop with a built in card reader.
I am having a problem mounting my memory card from my camera. When I use wNOP pmount sees and mounts the card, with muppy none of the mounting programs see the card. I am also having some issues with the clock in KDE .
recycler

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov 2008, 00:17    Post_subject: Re: small white square
Sub_title: xorg problem?

Quote:
Can you exit X with CTRL-ALT-Backspace?
Then you could backup the log (before starting X again):
cp -ax /var/log/Xorg.0.log /root/
sync

Then you might attach /root/Xorg.0.log here.
Beside potential errors, it also includes detailed info about your graphics card, that could give me some hints.

Mark

Hi Mark, I don't want to bother you with the contents of my Dell machine's Xorg log.....thanks for the offer but it is obviously a rogue machine and I will use Muppy on other machines Very Happy

Wishing you all the best and many thanks for your contributions to Puppy and the forum.

Puppy 412 and 430
BobSongs

PostPosted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 17:56    Post_subject: Where do I get Muppy 008.4?  

Would someone kindly post a link to the latest Muppy release (it is 008.4x, yes?). Much appreciated.

Rolling Eyes OK. I haven't gone through the 20 pages (and 296 posts) that make up this thread. But the link in the first post doesn't work. It only leads to Muppy 008.3f-EN Kernel 2.6.21.7. (A fine release... I'm very impressed. I wanted to see if 008.4x would excel this version.)

Honestly: Muppy has really surprised me. And this release is fine. I'm just wondering if any thing cool/exciting/etc. is available in 008.4x. I'll let you all in on my plans!

Wink I've begun distributing Puppy Linux to hapless Windows XP users whose systems have gotten so flaky they feel like tossing their PCs into the rubbish tip. I give them Puppy Linux as a "temporary solution" until they're ready to have their hard drives wiped and a fresh copy of XP installed.

Confused Since their office suites are genrally pirated and they don't have the replacement setup discs, Puppy makes a nice, free alternative. And MUppy has certainly stood out to me.

Very Happy So. I could read all 400 posts in this 20 page thread. But a link to the most recent release would be a relief.

Embarassed I'll eventually make my way through all the posts. But I'm kinda hoping to get downloading while I'm reading.
Dingo

PostPosted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 18:30    Post_subject: Re: Where do I get Muppy 008.4?  

BobSongs wrote:
Would someone kindly post a link to the latest Muppy release (it is 008.4x, yes?). Much appreciated.

tonight I will upload Muppy-Live-008.4c-EN.iso, meanwhile, you can try to downloading via bittorrent

http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id=fdd6d6d783f73d184ff3bfc4aa70fb3484b3c6b9&f=Muppy-Live-008.4c-EN.iso.torrent link

BobSongs

PostPosted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 19:42    Post_subject: Re: Where do I get Muppy 008.4?  

Dingo wrote:
BobSongs wrote:

tonight I will upload Muppy-Live-008.4c-EN.iso, meanwhile, you can try to downloading via bittorrent

http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id=fdd6d6d783f73d184ff3bfc4aa70fb3484b3c6b9&f=Muppy-Live-008.4c-EN.iso.torrent link

Excellent. Many thanks.

I do appreciate your thoughtfulness. I'll keep an eye on this thread for the link to the ISO (I'll start the torrent going).

Smile There were a number of other files (gosh! I'm being greedy, yes?) that the ftp site may have offered. I downloaded a few last night, in particular:

addons_083.sfs
development_083.sfs
e17_083.sfs
games_083.sfs
kde358_083.sfs
lg3d_083.sfs
office_083.sfs

I'm working off this ISO: Muppy-mini-008.3.iso

Question Does anyone know what's happening to this particular distribution of Puppy Linux? Is it dying due to one man carrying it out far longer than he should? Or due to a lack of funds?

I am definitely curious. Curious because this has become a favorite version. I would not be pleased to hear it died. Rolling Eyes
hayagix

PostPosted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 20:46    Post_subject:  

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=35930
BobSongs

PostPosted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 21:20    Post_subject:  

hayagix wrote:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=35930

Excellent. Thanks for the head's up.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 20 of 21 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum