Forum problem: No longer sending notifications

Using applications, configuring, problems
paulh177

Forum problem: No longer sending notifications

#1 Post by paulh177 »

I am no longer receivign notifications of new posts to threads that I am watching.
Stopped working about three days ago now I reckon

paul

(I wish we had a board just for forum problems ... )

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

I wonder if you will get a notification about this :)
Have you checked the settings in your profile?
I'm still getting notifications. Every now and then there have always been individual threads that I don't get notifications for, and it is rather annoying :(
But I'm only talking about a handful of threads. I wonder how many I've actually posted in?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

As far as I know, the forum does not log the fact that it sent a notification. :( Is it possible that your ISP is filtering them out as spam?

paulh177

#4 Post by paulh177 »

well i did get a notification about this one ... my settings haven't changed ... no problem with the ISP ... but I'm still not getting notifications from other threads that I'm subscribed to.

Until a few days ago there were some anomalous display issues with the forum such as the "Joined" date (looking like unformatted raw variable content) and some of the clickables such as "view next topic" (again looking like raw code not formatted for display) .

These have disappeared now but at the same time as the notifications too. So I'm wondering if there is a connection to changes that might have been being made to the board.

For threads I've posted in or watched within the past few days I'm getting notifications but none previous. If I open a thread which should work but isn't I am seeing "stop watching this topic" at the bottom. If I "stop" athen "start" again the notifications return.

I guess it's a passing glitch so I'll simply have to look out for threads that I should be getting emails for and unsubscribe then subscribe again.

thanks for your attention anyhow

paul