Puppy Web Desktop

Talk about and post software packages known to work or packaged for Puppy.
dru5k1

#76 Post by dru5k1 »

..noticed that the url for the java.pet is broke (two h's at the start)

cool page, like the donkey kong

HiDeHo

#77 Post by HiDeHo »

Hi i see the puppy web desktop has been included in slacko build in app called cloud found in slickpet. what i want to know is in the past i have used PWD and i remember it created an account for me with my settings it seems to not do this now. is there a way to create an account so i can access the PWD from other os and puppy versions and have all my stuff saved again.

canin

#78 Post by canin »

astonishing project, im fascinated that puppylinux offers a webbased desktop.

found it while searching for the right place to mention piratepad.net or piratepad.eu.
it supports import/export of html, plain text, word doc, odf and maybe pdf.
no registration required, it offers bold/uderline/italic and lists.
very good for collaborative writing, eg students or group-projects, but also basically formatted documents.

maybe something for the office/word processor sections.

--

another website-tool could be for imaging sections.
http://colorillo.com/
collaborative drawing, or single user drawing with no registration required. has a colorwheel, brushes different sizes, chat and a gallery.

technosaurus

#79 Post by technosaurus »

When I first made it, it was just a hack collection of web apps and now a lot of the links have changed or gone dead. Because it is only a static web page with no server side scripting, it is a PITA to keep updated (every change needs to be made locally and then uploaded). l am currently taking a web applications class though and may be able to improve it significantly by adding cookies for persistence (like user selected desktop icons and links), user interaction and mashups (twitter, rotten tomatoes, various yahoo services etc...)

Any requests/recommendation for 2.0 are welcome.

I know there are others available but most of them are sluggishly slow, so I waste the extra time prematurely optimize everything for my own benefit (slow computers with slow internet)
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

canin

#80 Post by canin »

thats not 2.0 but very useful: tiddlyspot.com
you can create your own online+desktop tiddlywiki there, or a getting things done tool.

another tool to make a webpage is sites.google.com
very prominent, but sometimes i dont think of the most well known possibilities.

for messengers sections maybe imo.im

MikeyBrat

Puppy Desk

#81 Post by MikeyBrat »

Including Grub4Dos & Isomaster would be a big help to some of us.

Many Puppies Frugal USB - mostly Slacko 5.6 right now.

SnowShinobi

#82 Post by SnowShinobi »

Decided to stroll around the forums, found that this site no longer has the desktop? I'd love to restore it.
[i]"The mere imitation, however accurate, of what is in Nature, entitles no man to the sacred name of ‘Artist.’"[/i] - Edgar Allan Poe.