Posted: Fri 01 Aug 2008, 03:03 Post subject:
Dlink DWL-650 fix (with autoconnect working)
To get a D-Link DWL-650 Wireless PCMCIA card to work in Puppy 4.0 Dingo follow these instructions:
1. edit /etc/pcmcia/config, in the orinoco_cs device section, change the module to hostap_cs
Tha's it for the DWL-650.
To get autoconnect on boot working for it or any PCMCIA card:
1. On your desktop, click file, then startup, rt click, new-> script
2. change the name to StartNet
3. Rt Click StartNet, to to File 'StartNet' -> Open as text
4. add the following lines under the #!bin/sh line:
ifconfig wlan0 up
5. Save the file and reboot
Setup your wireless network first so that it can connect and run an auto DHCP and save the configuration. After you are on the Network succesfully every time you reboot it should automatically reconnect to the previous network.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum