Ufraw: Digital camera raw image utility & gimp-plugin for p4

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
muggins

#1 Post by muggins »

http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/
The Unidentified Flying Raw (UFRaw) is a utility to read and manipulate raw images from digital cameras. It can be used on its own or as a Gimp plug-in. It reads raw images using Dave Coffin's raw conversion utility - DCRaw. UFRaw supports color management workflow based on Little CMS, allowing the user to apply ICC color profiles. For Nikon users UFRaw has the advantage that it can read the camera's tone curves. Even if you don't own a Nikon, you can still apply a Nikon curve to your images.

I've uploade a .pet here, (1073kbytes): ufraw-0.16-i486.pet, or here.

This contains binaries for ufraw, nikon-curve, ufraw-batch & the ufraw-gimp plugin.

Run via Menu->Graphic->Ufraw

N.B. 1) This version needs the attached libgtkimageview .pet.

N.B. 2) For lupu series pupversions, I've uploaded v0.18 on page 3 of this thread.
Attachments
libgtkimageview-1.6.1.pet
(27.37 KiB) Downloaded 1764 times
Last edited by muggins on Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:47, edited 5 times in total.

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Uploaded v0.15.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#3 Post by Béèm »

Code: Select all

# ufraw
ufraw: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# 
Misssing library.
I am trying in upup-015
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

beem,

libexiv2 comes standard with pup4 versions, otherwise try:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... h&id=10229

muggins

#5 Post by muggins »

Actually that exiv2 .pet I just linked to is also missing the symlink libexiv2.so.2, so either check whether you have the real exiv2 library, and you're just missing the symlink, or if you download the one above, just add the required symlink.

cheers

chasman666

#6 Post by chasman666 »

Hi,
I'm new at all this and have got to this point in trying to setup UFRaw in Puppy 4.2.1 with Gimp 2.6.3.

When you say create the symlink for libexiv where does it need to be created and linking what to what?

Apologies for my ignorance and many thanks in advance.

Charlie

01micko

#7 Post by 01micko »

When you say create the symlink for libexiv where does it need to be created and linking what to what?
chasman666, do have that lib? They are usually in '/usr/lib'. If you do, a symlink, with the correct name, is easily created in the same directory where the original lib resides, by right clicking and choosing "link" from the popup. Name it as required.

Hope that does the trick :wink:

NB. If a pet or program I install has missing dependencies, I always search my system for exactly what depends were stated in the message, without the suffix, with Pfind. This should locate any dependent libs if they are there. Then, if they are present then you can symlink as suggested.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

muggins

#8 Post by muggins »

Charlie,

No apologies required...I know libexiv2.so.2 exists with puppy-4.1.2, and I imagine puppy 4.2.1 would have as well. If you open a console, (Menu>Utility>Rxvt), & enter the command ufraw does the program open, or do you get any errors?

If you enter ls /usr/lib/libexiv2*, what response do you get?

Lastly, the above package was made to install the ufraw gimp plugin to /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plugins, but I suspect the package, you're using, has installed gimp elsewhere. e.g. with the gimp 2.6.3 I've got, the plugins are located at /usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plugins, so it's a simple matter to either move it to the latter location, or symlink it. Except I just noticed that 2.6.3 already has the ufraw plugin, but I can't locate it in the plugin browser? More research required.

chasman666

#9 Post by chasman666 »

# ufraw gives ufraw: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

# ls /usr/lib/libexiv2* gives /usr/lib/libexiv2.so /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.0 /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.0.1.0

C

Peterm321

#10 Post by Peterm321 »

I actually use dcb_dcraw, a modified version of dcraw for use on
my chdk (Canon A470 camera) dng files, and have had quite good
results.

http://www.linuxphoto.org/html/dcb.html

chasman666

#11 Post by chasman666 »

Can dcb_dcraw handle canon CR2 Raw files?

01micko

#12 Post by 01micko »

Hi

You have to find out which one is the actual lib (possibly the last one you mention) and symlink to it with the correct name. I see you have three entries, two of those are probably symlinks. :)
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Peterm321

#13 Post by Peterm321 »

chasman666

Can dcb_dcraw handle canon CR2 Raw files?

AFAIK there is no program that can interpret a CHDK CRW file produced for a Canon A470. CHDK does have an extra option to save as DNG format in-camera and it is that option I use. The DNG file can be open in Ufraw and Rawtherapee as well.

There is a program for converting CRW files to DNG, http://code.google.com/p/dng4ps2/ , the A470 is not listed, but other cameras are. The CRW / CR2 format is not universal, AFAIK, it can differ from camera to camera.

ving

#14 Post by ving »

hi guys...

I tried this ufraw, but found out later that it is a gimp plugin... has anyone made the standalone version into a .pup file?

alternatively can anyone point me to undeb.pup or something similar so i can convert it to .pup myself (or try to, lol)

BTW, new here... and new to linux, so speak to me as you would a windows user cause thats what i am :p

muggins

#15 Post by muggins »

The .pet, in the first post, contains stand-alone ufraw, as well as the gimp plugin.

As the post says:

Run via Menu->Graphic->Ufraw

ving

#16 Post by ving »

chasman666 wrote:# ufraw gives ufraw: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

C
got this too...

have fotoxx installed and i am trying to open nion raws. have this installed (ufraw) which fotoxx says it needs and isnt installed.... lol, i am going nuts!

hints anyone?

*sigh*

muggins

#17 Post by muggins »

Probably just a missing symlink...I don't know what version puppy you're using, but running, in console:

Code: Select all

ls /usr/lib/libexiv2*
what response do you get?

ving

#18 Post by ving »

bash: Is/usr/lib/liexiv2*: no such file of directory

puppy vers 4.2.1

chasman666

#19 Post by chasman666 »

ving wrote:bash: Is/usr/lib/liexiv2*: no such file of directory

puppy vers 4.2.1
Ving,

bash command should be "ls /usr/lib/libexiv2*

Note: "ls" is a lower case "L" not an uppercase "i"

There is a space between "ls" and "/usr..."

and last item is libexiv2*

Correct these errors and then post result - I have got ufraw working as standalone and plugin - some libs were in the wrong place/lacking symlinks. Start with the above and we'll try to walk you through the next steps.

Cheers,

Charlie

ving

#20 Post by ving »

/usr/lib/libexiv2.so /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.0 /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.0.1.0

this is what i got... whats it all mean and what do i need to do?