Tigerpup won't mount my SD card

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Flash858

Tigerpup won't mount my SD card

#1 Post by Flash858 »

I just got a screaming deal on a 2 GB mini SD card with an SD adapter ($5 on WOOT.com!), and I got it with the express purpose of leaving it in my built-in card reader in my Desktop, and having my TigerPup partition on it.

Here are the specs: Dell 531, AMD 5600+, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia 8500 with 512, 2-500 GB SATA HDs, 2 SATA DVD recorders, 1-USB DVD recorder, 1- 160 GB IDE HD in a USB removable enclosure, Vista HP, XP Black, Ubuntu Hardy Ultimate, Ubuntu Hardy Studio, Sabayon, Mandriva Spring 2008, and TigerPup 1.6 all on separate partitions, and my BIOS allows booting from any of them...

Here is what is happening: I have Tiger on a 4GB Microdrive (living in another bay of the same reader), and I wanted to move it to the new 2gb card so I could just leave it in, and access Tiger from the boot menu. When I installed it to the CF card, I did a full install, installed Grub to the root of the drive, and when I select the Microdrive (CF card), in the boot options, it boots fine.

When I tried to install Tiger from a remaster I made of my current config, it saw the SD card, but would not mount it. It appeared in Pmount, but there was no option to mount it. I was able to install Puppy Dingo to it (it saw and could mount the card), and Grub to the root, and used Gparted to enable the boot flag.
I thought all would be well, but it just will not boot from the card. I am going to reboot after I post this, and follow up with the exact error message so it will narrow things down.

Any ideas?

TIA!