Best for Puppy 4

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
wosifat

Best for Puppy 4

#1 Post by wosifat »

I've been using Puppy 4. I like it, but I'm wondering what the best aps to use are. Best meaning least system intensive, most stable, most useful.
Media player - Right now I use VLC. Aside from using a dotpup to install it (which isn't really that big a deal) no problems.
Web browser - I have Seamonkey by default and I downloaded Firefox 3. When I try to watch a Youtube-style video, it will only play for maybe a few seconds before slowing down to the point where it's unwatchable. Software? Hardware? Connection?
Games - The three that come with Puppy 4 (Picpuz, Rubick's cube and tile slider) are imho pretty much crap. I have xsoldier, which I like. I haven't gotten the puyo-puyo-like game (forgot the name) to work in Puppy 4. Lbreakout is nice (except it starts you out with little room for error.) Ace of Penguins and the other solitaire collection in the top ten thread (forgot the name, xpat I think) don't have that many game I like, or at least recognize, and i don't really care to have a solitaire game with just one game type. Greedy? Maybe.
That's mainly what I use my laptop for: web surfing, music, and the occasional game. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

alienjeff

#2 Post by alienjeff »

Processor? RAM amount? Full, frugal or from CD?
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]

wosifat

#3 Post by wosifat »

Didn't realize it made such a difference.
Intel Celeron 2.2GHz.
512 RAM (48 onboard video memory.)
Full I believe, but I usually run it from CD.
Oh yeah, I forgot. Are there any IM aps that you can use a webcam with in Puppy (Logitech Quickcam Express.)